Introduction-Tyler

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Tyler_dilley99
Egg

Introduction-Tyler

Post by Tyler_dilley99 »

Hello Rangers-
My name is Tyler, I am 17 years old and a junior in highschool,I've always wanted to join the 75th ranger regiment. For the past two years I've been preparing and studying for the 75th ranger regiment in different ways whether that's doing sports(wrestling) and endurance training or just making changes to my every day life. And I've done all of these things with one goal in mind and that's to be an army ranger. So I would like to thank you for allowing me access to this abundance of information to help me prepare even more for the challenges that await me.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Tyler

Post by Jim »

Tyler_dilley99 wrote:Hello Rangers-
My name is Tyler, I am 17 years old and a junior in highschool,I've always wanted to join the 75th ranger regiment. For the past two years I've been preparing and studying for the 75th ranger regiment in different ways whether that's doing sports(wrestling) and endurance training or just making changes to my every day life. And I've done all of these things with one goal in mind and that's to be an army ranger. So I would like to thank you for allowing me access to this abundance of information to help me prepare even more for the challenges that await me.
Welcome, Tyler, Please tell us more about you. Read the FAQ ands use the search feature located on the Quick Links. Most of the questions you might have can be answered using these features. Please conduct an AFPT and post your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Tyler_dilley99
Egg

Re:introduction-Tyler

Post by Tyler_dilley99 »

First, Thank you Ranger Jim for welcoming me

Second- a little about myself, as you already know I'm a 17 year old junior in high school, some of the extracurricular activities I do is wrestling and next season I plan on running cross country to help train, I enjoy hunting and fishing, etc. A lot of the time whenever I tell people I want to join the 75th ranger regiment they always ask why. And I never really have an answer, all I can say is it's like a fire in my gut, like a compelling force to be part of the best.

Thanks and if you have anymore questions please ask
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome.

It's 75th <strong>R</strong>anger <strong>R</strong>egiment and <strong>A</strong>rmy <strong>R</strong>anger.

Do some push ups to reinforce the corrective action and jump start your PT preparedness.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

cams wrote:Welcome.

It's 75th <strong>R</strong>anger <strong>R</strong>egiment and <strong>A</strong>rmy <strong>R</strong>anger.

Do some push ups to reinforce the corrective action and jump start your PT preparedness.
Well apparently the BOLD font didn't work out well to make my point clear.

We capitalize Ranger Regiment and Army Ranger, you will as well.

Let's do push ups together now.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Tyler_dilley99
Egg

Post by Tyler_dilley99 »

Ranger Cams, thank you for showing me my mistake, it won't happen again and I will do the push-ups as soon as school is over.
Tyler_dilley99
Egg

Post by Tyler_dilley99 »

Ranger Jim, here are my most recent results from an unofficial apft I preformed,

(2 min) push-ups- 69
(2 min) sit ups-81
2 mile run- 16:25
Pull ups- 14

Also I'm 6'2, 215 lbs
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Tyler_dilley99 wrote:Ranger Jim, here are my most recent results from an unofficial apft I preformed,

(2 min) push-ups- 69
(2 min) sit ups-81
2 mile run- 16:25
Pull ups- 14

Also I'm 6'2, 215 lbs
Well, Tyler, you need to do more running and drop some weight. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”