Introduction

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Randomiser17
Egg

Introduction

Post by Randomiser17 »

Hi, my name is Austin, I'm 27 years old I currently have a career as a union laborer. I've always had the desire to sever my country and become an Army Ranger. I'm currently starting that process to achieve my goal.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Randomiser17 wrote:Hi, my name is Austin, I'm 27 years old I currently have a career as a union laborer. I've always had the desire to sever my country and become an Army Ranger. I'm currently starting that process to achieve my goal.
Welcome Austin. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. why do you want to be a Ranger? Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Austin, welcome to the site. What part of the country are your from and post your APFT results? Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Randomiser17
Egg

Post by Randomiser17 »

Ranger Rangerjd, im from southern Illinois. Ive only done a mini APFT, 50 pushups in 1min and 30 situps in 1min without my feet being held. Ive been a competetive powerlifter for the passed few yrs so i have been trying to ease into the running while trying to shed some muscle mass.

Ranger Jim, Ive been lurking for months trying to learn as much as possible. Ive wanted to be an Army Ranger since i was 20yrs old. As time has gone on and ive aged a bit, ive realized that theres only so many people that ive the mindset to become a Ranger. I believe im one of these few people that can.

As i mentioned to Ranger Rangerjd i have a background in powerlfitng so strength isnt a problem. My main focus is to increase my running ability and overall endurance.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”