Introduction - Cody

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

cody890
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction - Cody

Post by cody890 »

Hello Rangers, my name is Cody, I am 23 years old and currently work as a Firefighter/EMT in New Mexico. I have been looking around this site for a little over a month now and I greatly appreciate the hard work the Rangers on this site do to give out quality info pertaining to the 75th, it has helped me out a ton in knowing how to prepare to become a Ranger. I have an 11x opt. 40 contract that I signed for in May then went into the DEP, ship date to basic 20160919. I have chosen to enlist and become a 75th Ranger because I am looking for a new challenge and have had the desire to serve in the 75th for some time now. I have researched many jobs in the military mostly SOF and SF jobs and nothing sparked interest like the 75th and the role they play in the military. I want to learn what it takes to become and operate as a Ranger.

My training consists of studying the future soldier material, Ranger Creed, Ranger history, and the land navigation course off 550cord.com. I am currently about to start week 8 of the 12 week RASP training plan I found off the internet and have seen on this site a few times. I follow the plan adding a little more pushups and sit-ups during the workouts and usually swim or do a row machine workout with calisthenics on the alternate cardio days.

PT scores as of July 15th, 2016, during test week of program, week 6.
Push ups – 67
Sit ups – 69
2 mile – 14:36
5 mile – 41:00
Pull ups – 16
10 mile ruck – 2 hr 37min

Thank you again for your time and access to the site I hope to gain more valuable training with your mentorship. If I have made mistakes on my intro I apologize and it will be fixed promptly.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship Date 20160920

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Cody

Post by Jim »

Cody, welcome. As you have an Option 40, I have given you greater access on the site. Get started by telling us more about yourself. Why did you decide to become a Ranger? As you are already an EMT why did you not become a Ranger Medic (MOS 68W)? I will send you a PM; follow my instructions. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cody890
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by cody890 »

Thank you Ranger Jim. I have been working for the department coming up on 4 years, joined at 19 years old out of high school. The fire dept. gave me a job offer and seeing how it is a great job with excellent benefits and retirement I got my EMT license and took the job. It has been a great experience, has given me a lot of knowledge, and it was the challenge I was looking for right out of school. 3 years into the job and I could not stop thinking about serving my country I knew that if I didn't make the jump and join I would regret it. I looked at jobs and nothing but the 75th has interested me since, I did a lot of research prior to talking to a recruiter and decided it is what I needed to go for if I had such a desire to go. The main thing that pulls me to the regiment is how tough it is to get in and how much tougher it is to stay in, I want to develop the skills needed to serve my country with an elite unit.

When I went to talk to a recruiter he said that the opt 40 was not possible to get right then, that recruiter was actually leaving that station so after some research and finding out that was not true I went back and talked to another recruiter and he said that he can try for an opt 40 but it's a hard contract to get. I kept pushing for it and he made a call and got the opt. I told him that I would take a 68w opt 40 if it was available but he said they had to open up a spot for me and only had 11x. It was which ever came first I was going to take because I didn't want a chance at getting a shot at RASP pass by and have to wait longer.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship Date 20160920

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Understand, please complete the tasks you were given and I think you will earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cody890
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by cody890 »

Roger Ranger Jim.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship Date 20160920

rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Cody, welcome to the site. Your PT needs some improvement and you've only got 2 months left before you leave. Start focusing hard on improving in all areas. Memorize the Ranger Creed and start living by it. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
cody890
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by cody890 »

Roger Rangerjd. I will continue to strive for better results.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship Date 20160920

cody890
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by cody890 »

Hello Rangers, I want to give a SITREP on this thread seeing that my first APFT post was about 4 weeks ago posted in my intro on 20160723, please excuse me for passing the 3 week period in which I should have posted an APFT update. Push ups completed for the mistake. I did an APFT for one of my workouts last week on Wednesday and also did a 5 mile on Friday, these are the results:

2 Min. PU - 73
2 Min. SU - 81
2 Mile - 14:34
Max PU - 17
5 Mile - 40:46

My push ups and sit ups improved but my run was very disappointing. I am continuing my 12 week RASP program and adding extra in the workouts as well to see improvement. My time is becoming shorter but I feel I will be able to improve these numbers by the time I take my 2-2-2 for my recruiter prior to shipping. I am also studying the five mentees task list, extra land navigation, and my future soldier training. I will continue to work, thank you for your time.
11x Opt. 40 DEP
Ship Date 20160920

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”