Introduction - Obdura

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Obduro
Embryo

Introduction - Obdura

Post by Obduro »

Hi Rangers,

My name is John and I am 24 years old. I live on the east coast and hope to secure an Option 40 contract at MEP's in October (at the beginning of the Army's next fiscal year). I am enlisting because I feel a responsibility to serve. I love public service. Helping others is something that I thoroughly enjoy. I'd like to say that part of my decision to enlist is based on patriotism and the other part is based on my faith; I'm a Christian. I believe that God is calling me to serve my nation. I'm not sure why. But I imagine I'll find out soon enough.

I'm working out on a regular basis, though I have not completed the APFT, yet. I plan to accomplish that this week.

I hope that my avatar is appropriate. I could not find the "newt" section in accordance to the Intro FAQ post, so I used the Gerber baby. Please let me know if that is incorrect and I will make the correction immediately.

I make myself scarce with questions and will focus on absorbing all of the information available on the forum. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you, Rangers.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Obdura

Post by Jim »

John, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Tell us more about yourself: Where are you from? Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Obdura ≠ Obduro

Attention to detail.

The board is currently going through some maintenance and updating, so some objects are not available.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Obduro
Embryo

Post by Obduro »

RangerX wrote:Obdura ≠ Obduro

Attention to detail.

The board is currently going through some maintenance and updating, so some objects are not available.
Ranger RangerX,

I noticed the error immediately after posting my introduction but was unable to make an edit. No excuse for allowing the mistake to happen in the first place, though.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Obduro wrote:
RangerX wrote:Obdura ≠ Obduro

Attention to detail.

Ranger RangerX,

I noticed the error immediately after posting my introduction but was unable to make an edit. No excuse for allowing the mistake to happen in the first place, though.
Rather than just tell you what to do, what is SOP for DEPs/Hopefuls when they screw up?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Obduro
Embryo

Post by Obduro »

PT, I believe, Ranger RangerX.
Obduro
Embryo

Post by Obduro »

Rangers,

PT Test Results:

Push up: 28
Sit up: 36
2 mile run: 17:32
Pull Ups: 6

My results are not typical for what I see at ArmyRanger.com. I didn't want to pad my stats, even though that option was appealing, but such a choice would go against everything I wish to become. I was running regularly a few months back, but fell out of it with the start of a new job, so I've been working my way back up for the past three weeks. No excuses, though. I need to improve. What I am doing to improve my score:

Running:

1. Hill sprints
2. Track sprints
3. Leg workouts, such as lunges and squats
4. Distance running (I typically run slower for longer periods of time in accordance to the workout program I've been using--it says to build distance first and speed can come later)

Push-ups/Sit-ups/Pull-ups

1. More push-ups every day, setting a minimum requirement to go to bed
2. Same as push-ups, minimum requirements each day
3. More pull-ups

I will make it my goal to report back each Friday with a status update and to report back every 6 weeks with an APFT.
Obduro
Embryo

Post by Obduro »

Jim wrote:John, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Tell us more about yourself: Where are you from? Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
I am from Charlotte, NC, Ranger Jim.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”