Green Hooches in Mountain Phase

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
ma91c1an
Triple Canopy

Post by ma91c1an »

fuck....we had the stove in my hooch glowing angry orange. We had to strip down, it was so hot in that motherfucker.

it still breaks my hear that such key parts of Ranger history were lost when they tore those shacks down. I found the name and class number of my squad leader in my hooch, and put mine right there, below his.

That guy is now the RSM.
-------
Classes 12, 13, and 14-81.
Company A, 2d Battalion (Ranger), 1st Platoon, "Bad 'Muthers," 1980-1984;
SFQC 4-84.
Company B, 2d Battalion, 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), ODA 151, 1984-1986.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

ma91c1an wrote:fuck....we had the stove in my hooch glowing angry orange. We had to strip down, it was so hot in that motherfucker.

it still breaks my hear that such key parts of Ranger history were lost when they tore those shacks down. I found the name and class number of my squad leader in my hooch, and put mine right there, below his.

That guy is now the RSM.
I know how you feel. The worst moment for me was when I was looking at where the class rocks USED to be.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Silverback wrote:
ma91c1an wrote:fuck....we had the stove in my hooch glowing angry orange. We had to strip down, it was so hot in that motherfucker.

That guy is now the RSM.
I know how you feel. The worst moment for me was when I was looking at where the class rocks USED to be.
Did they move them? Or get rid of them?

I remember something about Mace getting rid of all of them at BRD.

Pissed a lot of people off when he did. I'm sure Gravedigger knows more about it than I do.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”