SITREP-KIM

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
manpooky
Future Soldier / Opt40

SITREP-KIM

Post by manpooky »

Rangers,

I have completed airborne and I am currently waiting to class up for RASP. I have been continually doing pt as well as getting used to my ruck on my back. I look forward to classing up and can not wait to prove myself as the soldier I know I can be. If there are any airborne students reading this, I urge you to pt on your own time. DO NOT LET YOURSELF SLIP. Some of my classmates are already acting as if they are Rangers, don't be one of those guys. We haven't earned anything yet, so stay humble and continue to work on pt and study.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP-KIM

Post by Jim »

Kim, it has been more than six months since your last post. Please tell us more. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Jim wrote:Kim, it has been more than six months since your last post. Please tell us more. Never, never quit!
Sound thinking, Kim . . .continue to focus and finish your mission.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote:

Jim wrote:
Kim, it has been more than six months since your last post. Please tell us more. Never, never quit!

Sound thinking, Kim . . .continue to focus and finish your mission.

RLTW!!!
And now another week has passed with no posts.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
manpooky
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by manpooky »

Rangers,

Forgive me for the lack of activity, I have had some technical difficulties due to my phone being broken. OSUT was much easier than I had imagined, I was given leadership positions despite my efforts to stay as the gray man. But in return I learned a lot from it. After OSUT it was airborne. It was exciting at first. It was the first time in my army career where I was given freedom to do what I pleased, as long as it stayed within reason. My jumps were easy and the landings much softer than what others had made them out to be. The new t-11 parachutes are amazing. My first jump was one I will remember forever. Everyone was scared, except for me. I was blessed with being the one man out the door. The cadre told us not to look down, but I was looking down the whole time when those airplane doors opened. Then bam, I was out and on my way down. And before I knew it I was running back to do it all over again. Time has been flying by. I have been in tradoc this whole time and Im still loving the army. Now I'm just waiting to class up, staying mentally alert and physically strong. The anticipation is killing me, but I'll be on my way soon to prove my worth to the best infantry regiment in the world.

Return to “Letters from School”