SITREP: CHRIS

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: SITREP: CHRIS

Post by Slowpoke »

DRIVE ON
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Roger that Ranger Slowpoke
"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands." -GEN John A. Wickham, Jr
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Another week has come and gone Rangers and I'm happy to report I'm still here and driving on even after almost being peered out. This week was mainly focused around RFR with an intro to the RPAT, Fast Roping, Ranger airborne operations, and an 8 mile road march which I finished in an 1:48:22. As for the peers a few guys who had a problem with me decided to gang up on me in an attempt to peer me out. They convinced other people to write negative comments about me which in turn made me have to go before the peer board. I owned up to mistakes I made and was given the chance to continue on with the class although 7 guys were dropped or recycled. The guys who really didn't have personal problems with me apologized for writing negative peers and said they're happy I'm still here. The next 4 weeks are sure to be fun with a lot of range time and learning about new weapons systems. In the meantime hopefully I can start going to the gym again and getting in better shape for the RPAT And our upcoming PT test. I'm halfway there Rangers but far from finished. I'll make sure to keep you all updated on my progress over these last few weeks.
"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands." -GEN John A. Wickham, Jr
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

"ALMOST", peered is almost always the result of a team work issue. Always put your fellow peers interests ahead of yours. It does two things, your peers will want you around and you won't have time to think about yourself. Keep driving on. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Roger that Ranger Rangerjd. I talked to a few of the guys who told me they peered me low and they said it was more of a misunderstanding because they didn't know me well and they felt bad I had to go to the peer board.

Week 4 is over and we begin week 5 and phase 2 Monday. This week was short because of Memorial Day but it was definitely crammed full of events and excellent training. We had a PT test Tuesday, a 5 mile run Wednesday, an intro to RAW Thursday and a 10 mile ruck Friday. The rest of the day was focused on marksmanship we spent Wednesday and Thursday at the range familiarizing ourselves with the M9 and Friday grouping and zeroing our M4s. We're going into more advanced marksmanship training in the upcoming weeks during phase 2. I'll make sure to keep you all updated on my progress next week.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP, appreciate your honest self-evaluation. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

I apologize for the late updates Rangers but we just ended week 5. I've been sick all week so it wasn't the best but I just sucked it up and drove on. PT wasn't to bad this week, minus the 3 mile run to cardiac hill and the buddy carries we did, mostly because we had a 12 mile ruck Friday that I'm happy to report I completed. That means we only have the 5 mile run and PT test for record as our last two critical events. I'll have more to report next week.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Good sitrep DGreen22 - keep driving on - stay focused on 25 meter target.
You know, never, never quit - looking forward to your next sitrep.
Steadfast out.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

DCGreen22 wrote:I'll have more to report next week.
Looking forward to your next report. Let us know where you will be assigned. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Hello Rangers not so good news this week I'm almost positive that me being sick these past few weeks is due to a case of pneumonia. I failed to meet the standard in the 5 mile run last week by 20 seconds. I know this is unacceptable under any condition hopefully I'll be afforded a retest or they can use either of my two previous run times. Other then that Last week was good. We spent our days at the range working on more advanced marksmanship techniques. I feel beyond lucky to receive awesome training from the cadre we have here. This week I have an APFT and RPAT with demolitions training during the day so that should be a great time. I'm just going to keep pushing myself I know I can meet the standards on the last two events even if I'm sick. I want to be a Ranger bad even if it kills me I'm not going to sick call and I'm not going to quit. I'll have more to report next week.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

DCGreen22 wrote:~snip~ I'm almost positive that me being sick these past few weeks is due to a case of pneumonia. ~snip~
You know who could tell you that? A doctor. Last I checked, the Army still has a few lying around. Sick Call exists for a reason, and not just to weed out pogues. Go see a doc.

You would look really stupid dying because you were trying too hard to drive on.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

RangerX wrote:
DCGreen22 wrote:~snip~ I'm almost positive that me being sick these past few weeks is due to a case of pneumonia. ~snip~
You know who could tell you that? A doctor. Last I checked, the Army still has a few lying around. Sick Call exists for a reason, and not just to weed out pogues. Go see a doc.

You would look really stupid dying because you were trying too hard to drive on.

Agree with Ranger X.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RangerX wrote:

I think so, too. If you're really sick, you need to see a doctor.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
DCGreen22
Embryo

Post by DCGreen22 »

Not so good news to report this week Rangers. I went to sick call Monday and they weren't really sure what was wrong. They said it was probably a cold and gave me mucinex and Tylenol and I went back to training. Today was my 5 mile retest for not meeting the standard last week and I had the same results this week as I did last week. Due to me failing a critical event and the retest I am being dropped from the course and sent over to World Wide. I can't express how disappointed I am in myself. I'm not going to let this keep me from being a Ranger though. I still have the option to return after I arrive at my gaining unit. In going to take this a learning experience and work hard to try and get back here as soon as possible. Hopefully work on getting my EIB and Tab first then come back with more experience. I apologize to anyone who has supported me up to now for letting you down. This isn't the end for me that's for sure.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Chris, I am glad to see you are not treating this as the end of the world. You should soon have world-wide orders. You are airborne-qualified, so you have that accomplishment. Please stay in touch, and let us know where you are being assigned. No need to apologize for anything. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Letters from School”