SITREP - Johnathan

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Anjunadeep02
Embryo

SITREP - Johnathan

Post by Anjunadeep02 »

Rangers:

I'm just posting a SITREP here as requested to keep in constant communication with everyone. My last post was in the futuresoldiers section back in January, a few days before I shipped for 11x. I officially graduated BCT and am on family day pass and am finally a soldier - the first step is done! I've got 9 weeks out of the way and I continue on to Infantry AIT early next week, so I will be graduating in May.

I had the luxury of speaking with some Rangers at the Columbus airshow recently and was able to soak up some wisdom. The recruiters there informed me that they would most likely come speak to my Infantry OSUT class sometime in Week 9 and hold a briefing. This past week was week 9 and I don't think they came because I never got an opportunity to speak to them. I suppose this could have been due to scheduling conflicts or something. I really hope that they will come talk to us in AIT at some point because I really want to earn a Ranger contract, or at least compete for one.

I've done quite well in OSUT up to this point. My current PT score is a 263 - it could definitely be higher and I know that it will be on my AIT APFT. My GT is 111, and I qualified my expert with my weapon (not sure if this will carry any weight). I also wonder if my prior 7 years of experience as a national registry paramedic will carry any weight into receiving a contract, if there is any available. I have already received my orders, but don't want to post them due to possible OPSEC violation, but I can tell you that it is a mechanized unit.

I'm unsure of the rules for how long you have to spend at your initial unit before you have an opportunity to volunteer for RASP, if you even get an opportunity. I will have to do some homework/research on this.

My pass ends tomorrow and I will lost my phone/internet priviledges, but I did want to touch bases with everyone. I will continue to excel in infantry school and continue striving for that Ranger contract!

Thanks again to everyone and I hope that you are all doing well and in good health.

Never, never quit!

Johnathan
MOS: 11x
Ship date: 20150121
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP - Johnathan

Post by Jim »

This link should help. It gives the phone number at Benning to call.

http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75th ... uiting.htm
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Anjunadeep02
Embryo

Post by Anjunadeep02 »

Roger, Ranger Jim. Thanks for the information.

I don't think I'll be able to make contact with them. I'm sure they will be closed today and tomorow since it's Saturday and Sunday and my pass will end on Sunday evening at 2000. I won't get my phone again until the day before I turn blue, so I may have missed my window of opportunity. I will just cross my fingers that they will come at some point during AIT. I may have to wait to volunteer when I get to my unit.
MOS: 11x
Ship date: 20150121
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Suggest you talk to your chain of command. Your DS should know if they addressed your class. A number of our members earned BAC and RASP in OSUT. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Letters from School”