Introduction: Al

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

DreR
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction: Al

Post by DreR »

Hello Rangers and others,

My name is Al, I am currently in the Delayed Enlistment Program as a 68W with an option 40 contract. My ship date is 20141027. I have been lurking for some time reading the introduction threads and letters from school from other soldiers; especially from Ranger Medics that have succeeded in training. I am here to continue this learning process, to reach out to other option 40 enlistees whom I may one day be training and serving alongside, and to thank the Rangers that have gone through this process and made all this information available.

I describe myself as a non-traditional recruit as I am 32 years old, have a Master’s degree, and have a successful career as a scientific diver with a federal preservation agency. Part of my current career included a recent certification as a Dive Medic Technician. This exposure to field medicine reinforced a long time desire to transition to the medical field where I have a more immediate impact on the people around me. I am looking to use my time in the Army to serve my country and to have a direct positive impact on the health of those I will work with. I am especially looking forward to the Special Operation Combat Medic course and then to build on that training with the experience of serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment. One step at a time tough, and that is to take care of my personal affairs at home which include packing up my things, selling or renting my home, and preparing myself for Basic Combat Training. On a personal note, I am currently single and don’t have any children.

It was a difficult decision to leave my current career and my very comfortable life. I look forward to the challenges ahead especially considering what I’m giving up to make this transition. I understand that becoming a Ranger Medic will not be easy, but with the help of the information available here I hope to succeed.

My APFT, administered at Future Soldier Training:

Push ups: 62
Sit ups: 64
2 mile run: 12:23
Pull ups: 9 (on my own)

Thanks for your time,
-Al
68W OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20141027

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Al

Post by Jim »

Welcome Al, A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing well. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Your PT scores leave room for improvement. Please tell us more about yourself. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Time is not on your side, but there are a number of 68Ws on the site. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ark
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ark »

Welcome Al.
68W OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20141118

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

DreR

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome & congrats DreR on securing yourself an Opt 40 contract. Since your begin training just 40 days away - so start by memorizing and living your life by the Ranger Creed.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »