SITREP from GravityMan (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

SITREP from GravityMan (RANGER)

Post by Earthpig »

Here is the other letter I received today. This one is from GravityMan.
RLTW
EP

Ranger EarthPig,

It's GravityMan from ArmyRanger.com. We are in our second week of total control and things are going great. I'm in A Group for the runs and PT overall isn't too hard. The days are going by much faster now that we have more actual training, instead of classes or D&C. Drill and Ceremonies is a pain in my ass, but everything else is way too easy.

I gues the immagination plays tricks on the unknown. The worst part is the mental culture shock, the first 3 days or so, and then you get used to it.

ALL DEPs: Attention to detail and teamwork are HUGE fucking factors on success in OSUT and later on down the road. If your DS tells you to run towards the PX, hopping on one foot, yelling, "I love to run," do EVERY part of it! The little things now prepare you for the big things overseas.

Anyways, we got our M16A4's the other day and it was fun at first. Now, everyone complains about carrying them around. Turds.

I've put on more muscle already, so I'm around 130, from 120 in a week. Good stuff.

We had one guy "go crazy," saying he was the King of Egypt, or something. Whether he was faking it or not, it doesn't matter. Our DS's DXed him. :D Two of my DS's are combat veterans from the 101st.

The elimination continues, as 3-5 people are riding sick call on bullshit injuries already. Weeding out the weak, even before RIP at least.

It's all pretty easy overall. I will write again soon, I suppose.

GravityMan
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Letters from School”