El Diablo sends SITREP (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

El Diablo sends SITREP (RANGER)

Post by Earthpig »

The letters just get better and better. Here's one of two letters that came in the mail today. This one is from El Diablo.
RLTW
EP

Ranger EarthPig-

I finally found some time to write someone else besides my parents. It's Week 3, here at OSUT, and I'm loving every minute of it! I'm in X Co., X Plt., of the X-XX INF.

This company has some tough Drill Sgts and I'm sure mine are the toughest. There is no need for extra PT at night, because the DS's take care of that. There's nothing like doing Gator Crawls in a pool of someone else's sweat. We also have have to earn everything in my platoon, like the right to sound off, or use our platoon name.

Speaking of my platoon, the platoon I'm in is a mixed bag of people. Some of us are very motivated (most of the Option 40 guys), a few are slugs, and one is a for-sure washout; this guy quits everything he does. Even when people try to help him, he gives in to the pain. He's not in here for the same reason most of us joined the US Army.

Now on to training. For the most part, it's been kickass. This cycle stresses the use of the M16 and markmanship. The DS's let us use the weapons in the 2nd week and we got our rifles on Day One!

We've had two road marches so far. They were a cakewalk for me. I'm glad I came prepared. Now they've added classes on IEDs in the OSUT cycle. From what I've seen, these terrorist bastards are a clever bunch.

Like I said before, I'm very glad I came here in shape. Morning PT isn't very difficult for me. Most of the stuuf that we do I've done before. Thankfully, my DS's are creative. Our PT area is on a hill. The hill is about 100-120 yards and is somewhat steep. We have to run, crabwalk, gatorwalk, pushup walk, you name it, we've done it on that hill. It's a kickass workout, hopefully enough to keep me in shape for RIP.

I never met BlackSkirt at 30th AG, or any of the September shippers, so if you can, keep me updated on his progress. That's all for now, I'll report back in a few weeks, hopefully out of total control. Wish me luck and I'll drive on!

El Diablo

PS: Bring on all the smoke you can, I love it!
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Wow, seems like the newbies are doing well. Heck we keep this up and Regiment might write a SOP that all new wannabes will have to spend 6 months on the site reading and learning as much as they can before they begin the process. Thanks for posting EP.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “Letters from School”