Letter from BlackSkirt

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Letter from BlackSkirt

Post by Earthpig »

I received this Friday, as I was walking out the door to link up with a couple Rangers for a fishing trip. I wasn't able to post it until now.
RLTW
EP

Ranger EarthPig,

This is XXXX XXXXX, aka BlackSkirt. I am in week 3 of OSUT and doing fine. I am on a short version of OSUT, due to my graduation date and Christmas running into each other.

So far, I have done Land Nav (I found 4 out of 5 markers) and 2 road marches (at Grandma speed). I have also done U.S. mines and first aid....so far, everything is easy. The Land Nav course is the same course the EIB uses here. I have also done the gas chamber.

My CO and 1SG were both in Bat (Names deleted for PERSEC). I have met some other motivated Option 40's, one of which had a dad in 2nd Bat in the mid to late 80's.

Well, that's all the updates I can think of....If you could send me a copy of the Ranger Creed, I would appreciate it a lot...(I'm knocking 'em out now for not knowing all of it already).

BlackSkirt

PS: Put a green dot next to my name when sending me mail....right next to the "I love pushups!"
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Thanks for posting that EP, I'm glad to hear he's doing well.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

I got a similiar letter from him awhile back.

Return to “Letters from School”