Introduction- John

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ethos
Embryo

Introduction- John

Post by Ethos »

Rangers,

My name is John. I am a Freshman at Oklahoma State University. Prior, I grew up in Texas and spent most of my life wrestling. I was the the captain of my wrestling team in high school and focused most of my time training and preparing myself for competition. I have always wanted to be a soldier and serve my nation proudly as did my father. He is my greatest motivation and influences me to push my limits in every thing I do.

I am currently a non-contracted MS1 ROTC Cadet at OSU. I began my college career with the intent of earning my commission and branching Infantry. My focus has been situated on improving my studies and on learning military tactics, strategy, and history. I have never and will never accept mediocrity. I strive to be elite. I have maintained a 4.0 GPA and have continually excelled in ROTC. I wish to someday become a Ranger and join the ranks of some of the most elite warriors history has seen. Upon browsing this site the past few weeks prior to this introduction I have come to a realization that experiencing the enlisted side of the Army would be only beneficial to my journey of becoming a great leader. I now have a burning desire to enlist 11x with an option 40 upon graduation. Yet, this path is one I can no longer pursue due to, what I see as now, a poorly rushed decision.

This past November, in the early months of my first semester of college and ROTC I decided to enlist in the Guard and become an SMP Cadet. I ship for 11b OSUT on May 19th, this month. I pursued the path of an SMP Cadet in hopes of acquiring the most out of my ROTC experience and to get additional training and exposure to an actual Infantry Unit before commissioning. It now seems to me that this decision has only taken away any chance of becoming a Ranger. I am in search of guidance. I understand that enlisting 11x option 40 may be impossible, yet I look to join this site with hopes of guidance to making the most of the opportunities still available to me.

I apologies for the lengthiness of this introduction. I only wish to provide the whole of my information.

PT Score:
Push-ups - 84
Sit-ups - 86
2 mile run - 12:42
Pull-ups - 16

I will strive to improve these scores, especially the run time. Again, I understand my path may now be of continuing as a Cadet and competing to be the best. I understand there is the option of someday attending RASP 2. Yet, this is something ill store in the back of my mind as I focus on the long journey ahead of me.

Rangers, thank you for your service, and for the availability of this site and it's offered resources. I appreciate all responses and feedback.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- John

Post by Jim »

Welcome, John. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing OK. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Your PT scores could be improved, but you seem to know what you need to do to improve. Your situation has been addressed in the past. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ethos
Embryo

Post by Ethos »

Ranger Jim,

Thank you for the welcome. I'm very fortunate to have found this site. I have learned so much already from just a short time of browsing the many informative threads.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, John.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Ethos
Embryo

Post by Ethos »

Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV,

Thank you for the welcome. I am happy to be here.

Rangers,

Quick SITREP, I have just completed my Freshman year of college. I have been working hard and focusing my concentration on maximizing my performance in my studies. My hard work has been paying off and I am pleased, yet not satisfied. I ship for OSUT on the 19th and am getting excited. I will be sure to administer an updated PT test within the next week. Thank you again for the availability of this site. Although my path may be different than the other young men of this forum I can only benefit from utilizing the information available here.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ethos wrote: Rangers,

Quick SITREP, I have just completed my Freshman year of college. I have been working hard and focusing my concentration on maximizing my performance in my studies. My hard work has been paying off and I am pleased, yet not satisfied. I ship for OSUT on the 19th and am getting excited. I will be sure to administer an updated PT test within the next week. Thank you again for the availability of this site. Although my path may be different than the other young men of this forum I can only benefit from utilizing the information available here.
Please furnish a SITREP in the letters from school thread and let us know how you are enjoying your summer.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”