Colorado state senators recalled

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Colorado state senators recalled

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Two Democratic lawmakers in Colorado, including the president of the state Senate, were recalled Tuesday in elections brought about by their support for tougher gun control laws.
According to unofficial results, voters in Colorado Springs favored recalling state Sen. John Morse, the body's president, by 51 percent to 49 percent. With 100 percent of precincts reporting, state Sen. Angela Giron of Pueblo was defeated in her recall election, 56 percent to 44 percent.
The Colorado Republican Party called the vote results "a loud and clear message to out-of-touch Democrats across the nation" in a statement released late Tuesday. Colorado's Democratic governor, John Hickenlooper, said he was "disappointed by the outcome of the recall elections" before calling on state residents to "refocus again on what unites Coloradans -- creating jobs, educating our children, creating a healthier state -- and on finding ways to keep Colorado moving forward."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09 ... z2eakelupG
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Bushwack
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Re: Colorado state senators recalled

Post by Bushwack »

Excellent! Government should ENFORCE the gun laws that are on the books. We don't need new laws. No more plea bargaining gun crimes away. Here's a suggestion, mandatory minimum 10 years for any type of gun crime above and beyond any other punishment.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

We need to hold lawmakers accountable no matter what the issue!!!!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Colorado's Democratic governor, John Hickenlooper, said he was "disappointed by the outcome of the recall elections" before calling on state residents to "refocus again on what unites Coloradans -- creating jobs, educating our children, creating a healthier state -- and on finding ways to keep Colorado moving forward."

Which is exactly what they were focused on.

Denver is a fucking "Sanctuary City". Residents in Denver hate that...even the Mexicans. Hickenlooper better watchout he could be next.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Bushwack
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Bushwack »

[quote="Tater Nuts"

Gun laws that are "on the books" are stupid. Why should someone go to prison for 10 years for having a factory capacity magazine in NY, or a piece of empty brass in their floorboard in DC.[/quote]

Your right. I was not clear enough I meant an actual crime commited with a firearm. Not a violation of this new breed
of bullshit feelgood laws that make zero sense.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Political office holders must be held accountable. I live in the DC suburbs, but DC has very stringent gun control laws -- and one of the highest murder rates. Here in Northern Virginia, you can get a concealed carry permit. An armed citizenry is a polite citizenry.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”