Holder weights in on "stand your ground" laws

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Holder weights in on "stand your ground" laws

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Attorney General Eric Holder waded deeper into the controversy over the George Zimmerman case and verdict on Tuesday, suggesting a national review of "stand-your-ground" laws during a speech before the annual NAACP convention in Orlando.
The NAACP is at the forefront of the effort to pressure the Justice Department to bring federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman. Holder confirmed on Monday that his department is reviewing that possibility, citing his personal concerns about the case.
He went a step further on Tuesday, weighing in for the first time on controversial state-level laws on self-defense.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07 ... z2ZGToip7I
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Holder weights in on "stand your ground" laws

Post by IEDmagnet »

So the Feds are once again looking to involve themselves in State business....no surprise there. I'm getting to the point that I'm not even shocked anymore.

Never let a good tragedy go to waste.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Every man, regardless of race or social status, has the God given right to stand his ground and protect himself, his family, and others when attacked.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Holder was, as usual, pandering to Obama's base. The "Stand your Ground" law has nothing to do with the Zimmerman case.

He's a douche canoe.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rgrokelley wrote:Holder was, as usual, pandering to Obama's base. The "Stand your Ground" law has nothing to do with the Zimmerman case.

He's a douche canoe.
Couldn't agree more.

Zimmerman and Martin were two fucking idiots that fate put together on that night. One went home, one didnt. Big deal. It wasn't race, creed or religion, it was two fucking idiots. Shit happens.

If Martin had killed Zimmerman would we even know about it?

How come we don't have a white version of Jesse Jackson? Because it would racist of us, allegedly.

How come we don't have a white version of the NAACP? We did. The KKK. But that was racist, they're not even allowed on tv anymore but the NAACP dines at the WH on our dime.

The majority of these fucking savages will look for any excuse to riot, loot, assault, steal or burn. But, I'd be marked as racist for saying that, even though it is fact. Go figure.

Rant over. I'm just disgusted by all of it. God help this country.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”