Introduction: Zach

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ironlegs
Embryo

Re: Introduction: Zach

Post by Ironlegs »

Hello Rangers, today I self administered my second PT test. Here are my results:

Push Ups: 62
Sit Ups: 65
2 Mile Run: 14:46

I thought for sure that my push ups would go up by quite a bit since I've been doing between 1 and 2,000 a week with different hand positions since my last PT test but I'll keep working hard on them. I've been doing my runs around my neighborhood which is made up of all hills so I think that's been helping my cardio get better.

I'm going to go and talk to a recruiter this week so I will keep you all posted on how it goes. Thank you for your time.

Zach
Ironlegs
Embryo

Post by Ironlegs »

Hello Rangers, today I spoke with a recruiter. I told him that I want to be a Ranger, and he made sure I was eligible for the DEP since I'm enrolled in college to get my credits, but I haven't obtained them yet. After that he had me take a pre ASVAB test. I scored just below what I need in order to enlist and get the contract I want, so I'm going to study hard. Next Monday I'm going in to drop off some documents relating to education, and then on Wednesday he said I could take the full ASVAB. I'll keep posting updates here to let anyone interested stay informed. Thanks for your time.

Zach
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Please keep us informed of your progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ironlegs
Embryo

Post by Ironlegs »

Roger that Ranger Jim.
Ironlegs
Embryo

Post by Ironlegs »

Hello Rangers,

I recently got pre-evaluated to go to MEPS and found out I've been disqualified from serving due to a surgery/ problem I had with my arm about 4 years ago. They said I could be a liability since my medical record states the problem could reoccur even though I feel stronger than ever and haven't had any problems with it since age 13. I wasn't sure how to break it to all the Rangers on here since I'm still coming to grips with it all. To say I'm disappointed and that my dreams have been crushed would be an understatement, but I understand that I can't be angry about this since it's something so much bigger than any one man. I've learned a lot in the short time I've been on this site and I'm grateful for every word of information, experience and encouragement every Ranger on here has posted for young men like me to read and learn from.

With respect I'd like to say one thing, hopefully I'm not out of my lane. If there are any DEP's or guys not even enlisted yet who want to be Rangers reading this, please don't waste your opportunity if you get one. I'm sure I'm not the only guy out there who would literally give anything to be in the position some of you are currently in.

I'm truly honored to have been able to interact in any way shape or form with the Rangers on this website. I want to thank Ranger havoc996 specifically for helping me out so much, and showing me how much more I'm really capable of. Thank you all for your service and your time.

Respectfully,

Zach
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Zach, I'm terribly proud of you for your efforts. Given your dedication to the mission, I know you will be a success in anything you attempt. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”