Introduction-CoSa

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

CoSa
Ranger

Introduction-CoSa

Post by CoSa »

Hello all, My name is Colton.I'm 18 and in the middle of the recruiting process.

Firstly thank you all for your dedicated service and thank you for creating a website that reaches an arm out to those like me.I've been a lurker for a few months, but recently decided it's time to talk to a recruiter for the next step.I knew it was important to be respectful,but firm on what I want.I told him I want to become a ranger and I'm looking for an 11x contract with at least an option 4 guaranteed.I know with great PT i'll have to earn my shot at RASP at the end of AIT and I'm also aware that 11x makes me a dime a dozen, but i'll be the damn shiniest dime if I have to.unfortunately 11x no options was all that was available yesterday.They tried pitching me some other jobs, but I stuck with what I said.10 minutes after I left he told me he could get me a 92Y (unit supply) with an option 40, but again turned it down.5 minutes later I received a call from my recruiter saying command offered to give a $10,000 signing bonus if I took the 92Y op 40 :shock: While the cash would sure be nice, and I read 92Y's job in the regiment is pretty neat, I told him I don't want to make a decision like this just for money.Today the head recruiter from the station called and told me option 40's are gone til october and they aren't attaching airborne school to combat MOS' anymore.I think this might be bull. I told them i'd think it over while I'm gone out of town.For now i'm going to stay true to my word, but i'm fine with taking my chances and earning my shot at RASP without a guaranteed option.Anything worthwhile comes with risk.I want to be a ranger because I want to be a part of the elite,the professionalism, and the brotherhood that makes rangers so great.
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20130723

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-CoSa

Post by Jim »

Colton, welcome. Where to start? You say you have been lurking, but you need to pay attention to detail. Always spell Ranger with a capitol R. Pay attention to your English and grammar. Having said that, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Most questions you might have, are addressed at least once. Read the FAQs as well as select stickies and threads. Use the search feature on the top right of this page. The search feature is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread. Accomplish this within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Colton.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, CoSa.
A Co, 3/75.
CoSa
Ranger

Post by CoSa »

Thanks! Roger that Ranger Jim.Won't happen again.

PU-62
SU-90
2 mile:13:35

Not as good as I was hoping for,but I know I have a long way to go before i'm ready for RASP.I'm moving to St.Augustine soon so hopefully i'll get some cross fit in the hot sun to get me ready for Ft.Benning.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

CoSa wrote:Thanks! Roger that Ranger Jim.Won't happen again.

PU-62
SU-90
2 mile:13:35
We don't make excuses here. You now have a PT baseline that you can measure your progress against. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”