Introduction: Wes

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Wes

Post by Jim »

Welcome Wes, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, yu came to the right site. We take great pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Read all the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Most questions have been addressed at least once. The search feature located at the top right of this page is your friend. For your initial task, please self-administer a PT test and post the results here within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Wes.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

BuckysGlock wrote:Ranger Jim,

My APFT results conducted on 20130426 are:

Push Ups: 46
Sit Ups: 64
2 Mile Run: 13:59

Overall Score: 235

I understand I have a lot of work to do but I can tell this site will be a very useful tool in my journey.

Wes
Wes, we now have a good baseline to build on. Knock out some pushups and situps. Start memorizing the Ranger Creed and think about what it says. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

A little bit more about your background and experience, If you please. Been a few days since you got out of high school and was curious as to how you've spent your time. Not that it matters one iota, just curious. If you feel so inclined, go head and get yourself a copy of the Ranger Medic Handbook. All proceeds go to a good cause. (they don't make a dime on the sales..)

http://www.narescue.com/Ranger_Medic_Ha ... 59D75.html

Not that you have to learn it yet, mind you, but to give you an idea of what you are about to face. I told another fellow here that if you have no medical background and you wanted to study up, learning some anatomy and physiology will help in spades. There are numerous entry level books for nurses and med students that can help. Again, no need to concentrate on it yet, but to give you a leg up later on. Better to be like an empty sponge and get ready to absorb a great deal of material in short bursts of time.

The best thing you can do for yourself if you want just one way to prepare is to work on maxing your PT, and it appears you have plenty of time for that.That, more than anything, will help you down the road. The PT you will do in basic and AIT will be good maintenance, but you will undoubtedly have to put in extra effort on your own. Not to endorse a particular brand, but the "Crossfit" style workouts are very good, and similar to what you will need to be doing once you get to RASP. The downside is that they are expensive. If you can do the workouts on your own, there are several good sources here on the site for PT improvement.

Welcome, and good luck
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Also, from now on include pull-ups in you PT score..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

WElcome

I see you opened the PM I sent you this morning.
You have not yet updated your signature line.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

BuckysGlock wrote:Ranger Steadfast,

Sorry about the delay; signature is up now.

Ranger Sleepy Doc,

I'm happy to share about my time after high school till now. The year after high school I spent working, installing fitness equipment and waiting for a slot in the Fire Science program. I then went through the fire academy and did two years of school to get my Associates in Fire Science. Currently I work as an anesthesia technician in an operating room and have been running as a paid-on-call Firefighter/EMT for the past 4 years.

Ship Date: 20130826
Your signature line is accessed by going into your profile.
On the top left, left of where you see 0 messages is User Control Panel, click it.
on the left see 2 from left Profile, click it.
2nd item down is your signature line, click it.
Now enter your DEP info as prescribed in PM you recd from me (the topic signature line).

You'll know you got it right when all your posts display what you enter in your signature line.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

With that kinda background it changes things; You should have enough of a grasp on A&P that you can start studying that after RASP (provided you make it that far). With an associates degree you are maxed out on education points so you don't need any attention there. Right now the three things you should spend 100% of your focus on are PT, PT, and PT. Pick your poison, but get a plan to have that maxed out by your ship date. And I don't mean half-assed push ups either. Good, solid, repetitions of the exercises with minimum 6 pull-ups. Medics are labeled as an inherently lazy lot (sometimes justifiably so..) Do every thing you can to not fall into this category. You will see enough of it when you get to Basic, AIT and beyond.. "Yeah, RASP? Well, I coulda done that because I was an all-state douche-nozzle relayer. I just didn't want to show other people up so I chose not to volunteer for it." Be determined in your cause and surround yourself by like minded people. DO NOT waste that Opt. 40 medic slot. At this point there is only one thing keeping you from getting there; YOU. Keep your nose clean, keep your shot group tight and stay focused. Now is not the time for tom-foolery.

I told another lad her that with maxed out PT and maxed education points (from your degree), it is well within the realm of possibility to be a Tabbed sergeant medic in a Ranger Rifle Company inside of two years. Then, my friend, you will be a rockstar. It's a long and difficult road, but not an impossible one. Just stay out of trouble and focus on the task at hand, whether getting through AIT or learning knots in RASP. Above all else, have fun and enjoy it. No matter how bad it may suck at the time, remember, everyone else is sucking with you..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, BuckysGlock.
A Co, 3/75.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”