Errant Disclosure: North Korea Nuke Launch Capable

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Errant Disclosure: North Korea Nuke Launch Capable

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Obama administration officials scrambled to downplay the errant disclosure of a classified portion of an intelligence report finding that North Korea has advanced its nuclear knowledge to the point that it could arm a ballistic missile with a nuclear warhead.
The analysis, disclosed Thursday at a hearing on Capitol Hill, says the Pentagon's intelligence wing has "moderate confidence" that North Korea has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles but that the weapon was unreliable.
The revelation was significant, because it has not been previously reported or believed that the country had the ability to miniaturize and deliver a nuclear weapon.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04 ... z2QGFCYBV8
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Re: Errant Disclosure: North Korea Nuke Launch Capable

Post by CloakAndDagger »

I'm still more concerned about the possibility of nK arming their missiles with chemical munitions, which they have more than plenty of. Even if they can make downsized nukes, getting enough material to arm more than a couple is still difficult.

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”