INTRO-Tooreal11

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

tooreal11
Embryo

INTRO-Tooreal11

Post by tooreal11 »

Wanted to post an introduction to the board. My name is Nolan, born and raised Floridian. I have made a big decision to pursue a career that has captivated me since my early childhood. I have had a very successful career in Trading in the physical markets which has taking me all over the world. Worked with a handful of private contract companies providing different types of refined oil products per their contract. Also worked in West Africa providing due diligence for a range of commodities. Was lucky enough to have worked with some great guys, former Ranger and Seal. Always looked up to the guys and our synergies were always on point. I was a former collegiate athlete in football at UCF until my sophomore year, no longer had the love of the game. At a D-1 school you better eat, breathe and sleep the game or you'll never make it. I decided to drop out of University for a job offer, wasn't much of the scholar but, was able to acquire a AA degree before I did. That is just a bit of a background on me which has led up to this point. I am currently 32 and life lessons to this point has taught me life is about achievements that are important to us regardless of what they mean to others. Im now interested in things that no one can take from me..Money can be taking from you, cars can be taking from you, houses etc. Money is nothing more than a big con, gratification is short lived unless you love what you do. So, after long discussions with my family and wife I have decided to pursue a career in the Army with a goal of achieving a Tan Beret :) Its also important for me to set an example for my son, something that he can be proud of as well. I have visited a local recruiter and to this point he will guarantee me Airborne and Air Assualt. I have a wreckless driving charge when I was 20, Battery charge when 21 and Battery on a LEO (which is not near as bad as it seems, I touched the guys arm). I had adjudication with held on the battery on a leo so im not a felon. We have yet to see if I could qualify for a security clearance to this point, he has seen guys get them with worse charges. So that would keep me from an option 40 contract which my understanding would guarantee me RASP. I have been reading a book on RASP which I recommend to any one thinking of becoming a Ranger, Surviving the Cut was a terrible representation of the realities of the SUCK. Seems many guys get recruited out of Basic, AIT or Airborne in the book. My ASVAB score is on point, GT score of 134 so I qualify. My physical condition is tip top, 6'3 228lbs, 11.4% bf. I decided to score myself on what is required by both the Army and RASP. 2 mins per each group, situps, pushups, pull ups and run. Pushups - 123 Situps- 65 Pullups - 14. My cardio is terrible, ran a mile and almost died. I just signed up with a running coach as of yesterday. Just started interval training. Well do interval training with a short day and long day outside, running 4 times a week. Our goal by the time I leave which im anticipating 4 months being I need to put my house in order before I leave, 8 miles. I am also going to work on more core training to get the sit ups to roughly 80-85. I refuse to do this half assed and preparation is everything. I have spent the time to read and educate myself on the realities of becoming a Ranger and really want the opportunity to see if I have what it takes. I also am no stranger to weapons training, attended numerous classes at Rifle Only and from Craft before the tragedy with Chris Kyle. I own two custom AR's and deadly with a pistol. Although my choice of side arms is a Glock 17, which im hoping I will beable to use my own side arm when the day comes. All in all my marksmen skills is dead on. I have always trained with Iron sights, becoming proficient and then moving over to optics which I have both the eotech 551 and Aimpoint M4. Any rate, just wanted to say hello and share alittle bit about myself. I just hope that if im unable to get a guarantee of a shot at RASP that my physical abilities and mental aptitude will strike the interest of a Ranger recruiter.
tooreal11
Embryo

Re: INTRO-Tooreal11

Post by tooreal11 »

Forgot to mention the name of the book, Sua Sponte by Dick Couch.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome, we at armyranger.com take pride in the fine young men who pass through this site on their life journey. Work closely with your recruiter and make sure you do your homework. You may find this link helpful.

http://www.soc.mil/75th%20Ranger%20Regi ... iting.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote:Welcome, we at armyranger.com take pride in the fine young men who pass through this site on their life journey. Work closely with your recruiter and make sure you do your homework. You may find this link helpful.

Bad link. Try this:

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, tooreal11.
A Co, 3/75.
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Man. I wish I was deadly with a pistol.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

GoldCoast wrote:Man. I wish I was deadly with a pistol.
And this is why I love this place!!

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

GoldCoast wrote:Man. I wish I was deadly with a pistol.
You should have spent more time practicing pistol marksmanship and less time on the space shuttle door gun.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Me personally, I'm only irritating with a pistol, and "you won't feel very well afterwards" with a rifle.

I am deadly with internet links though..... Wanna see?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

RangerX wrote:Me personally, I'm only irritating with a pistol, and "you won't feel very well afterwards" with a rifle.

I am deadly with internet links though..... Wanna see?
HELL NO!

Last time I saw one I wanted to scrub my eyeballs with 40 grit sandpaper.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18

GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

By the time you earn the coveted tan beret you will realize some things;

1. That was waaaaaay too much work for a hat,
2. Only the French could invent something that is simultaneously uncomfortable, wierd looking AND useless, and
3. If you're wearing a beret you're not having fun.

You've given us a solid introduction. Humor us a bit longer... what can you bring to the 75th Ranger Regiment that makes a 32 year old (seemingly independent) man preferable to a 19 year old physical phenomena who is more readily influenced or trained? Please format your response more carefully than your introduction.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

GoldCoast wrote: You've given us a solid introduction. Humor us a bit longer... what can you bring to the 75th Ranger Regiment that makes a 32 year old (seemingly independent) man preferable to a 19 year old physical phenomena who is more readily influenced or trained? Please format your response more carefully than your introduction.
I am restless in anticipation......
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
tooreal11
Embryo

Post by tooreal11 »

Thanks Rangers for all your responses! LOL Ranger Jim thank you for the link...I am planning to come in with an 11x contract, I want 11 Bravo over the 11C. Ranger GoldCoast great question. Man the pressure is on! I mean this question is kind of unfair in the fact that the answer is obvious? Well first, let me state that the military is something I want to do, not something that I have to do or that I have no other direction. This decision has been thought out, examined and I can honestly say there is nothing else that I want to do, PERIOD. I think this in itself says a lot. I bring some success in life but double the failure. That has built maturity and leadership which is worth 5 19 year old cowboys on a battlefield. Regardless if someone could offer 20 years to 6 years worth service, if the time they serve brought contribution, achievement and ultimately overall success...What more could ask for? I am just as easily influenced as a 19 year old if what im being influenced on is a righteous endeavor. Never having been in combat I would have to believe the ultimate driving force is that guy next to you, a father, son or husband which is something I most likely would know more about than a 19 year old. As far as training goes, that all depends on the individuals motivation and want to be trained..I want to be trained so I don't know how one being 19 year old would some how make him more trainable? And please Ranger GoldCoast don't think im being condescending in any way. I hope that answered your question, please feel free to share your thoughts on this and thanks for your time, everyone's time.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Have yo9u followed my instructions?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

And just what the fuck is wrong with being an 11C?
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”