Marines’ new alcohol policy strictest in U.S. military

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Re: Marines’ new alcohol policy strictest in U.S. military

Post by mortar_guy78 »

ManchuV wrote:
mortar_guy78 wrote:So, ManchuV, what I hear you saying is this is an issue of negative publicity coming from drunken Soldiers and not an issue of our society becoming a bunch of whiny douchecanoes who cannot police themselves up and require constant supervision lest they fall down and get a booboo.

Somebody get me a drink. :evil:
No I was not saying that. What I was saying was that there a lot of alcoholics in the military. In the military, we suppose to be better than our civilian counterparts. They are the ones who look at us as being DISCIPLINED, and being a Ranger was even a higher standard.
So how does top-driven micromanagement encourage discipline? I was led to believe that the individual at the point of decision, given the commander's intent and knowledge of the mission, could make the right decision and that this did not just apply in the tactical realm but in all areas. We encourage initiative and individual responsibility down to the lowest level, but issue so many top-driven directives that it strangles initiative and takes away any wiggle room from the leader with boots on the ground. You know, the guy who actually knows what is going on.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Return to “The News Dump”