Training and competing in the regiment.

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
warrior
Embryo

Training and competing in the regiment.

Post by warrior »

I was wondering that when I make it through RIP and get attached to a Ranger Batt (and in my case it will be a longer route than most), will I be allowed to keep on fighting in Thai Boxing and mixed martial arts (i.e UFC type,...). I have read that the Rangers Batt have an extremely high tempo and very frequent deployments, plus the US Army spends a lot money training its elite and they might fear that a bad injury might end my days with the Regiment. I just hate to quit hand to hand fighting now that I have gone so far in it. I always want to be the best in everything I do, and since I started ring fighting may as well finish it on the top. Plus, some skills might come in handy in deployments. Any help from the Rangers will be greatly appreciated. Excuse this lenghty post.

With Respect,
warrior
warrior
Embryo

Post by warrior »

Thank you Ranger Glock. How about allowing me to compete in the ring and fight for titles? thank you.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

warrior wrote:How about allowing me to compete in the ring and fight for titles? thank you.
As Ranger Glock indicated, you can pretty much do whatever floats your boat on your free time. It's a matter of when you get that free time. With all the 'hot spots' in the world currently, unless you have a crystal ball, there is no way of knowing when you'll have that free time. It won't come before your Rangering, I can tell you that much.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

What they have said is very true, but you ain't gonna have time for that, so don't get your hopes up.

When you get there, NOTHING is more important than Rangering. In my time, it was a major undertaking to get a few hours off in the mornings to go to the post dentist to get cavities filled, for Christ's sake.

You can train on you off time to your heart's content, but the possibility of you being able to travel any length outside of the city your are stationed at is a pipe dream. Anything is possible, I suppose, but I would not look forward to it. You might be better served to continue training on your off time, and return to competition after your Rangering days are through.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
warrior
Embryo

Post by warrior »

Copy you that Rangers. My dream to be a ranger come first, and once there nothing will come before doing my best Rangering.
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Check it out. Tough Man Competitions are a definate no-go. As far as regular comps it totally depends on your chain of command. If you get hurt doing that shit they will just boot you out of Batt because your injuries could have been prevented.

The question you asked should have been "If" I make if through RIP not "When" I make it through RIP.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

H8 Train wrote:Check it out. Tough Man Competitions are a definate no-go. As far as regular comps it totally depends on your chain of command. If you get hurt doing that shit they will just boot you out of Batt because your injuries could have been prevented.

The question you asked should have been "If" I make if through RIP not "When" I make it through RIP.

I wondered if you were gonna point that out or not :twisted:
RSD 96-99
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

H8 Train wrote:Check it out. Tough Man Competitions are a definate no-go. As far as regular comps it totally depends on your chain of command. If you get hurt doing that shit they will just boot you out of Batt because your injuries could have been prevented.

Tuff Man Comps are a No-Go?

HMMMMMMMMMM :)
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
warrior
Embryo

Post by warrior »

Thanks Ranger H8 Train and Ranger V-Rod. I only used "when" instead of "if" because while I was doing some research I read that some Dep or Newt was told by a Ranger that the right attitude should be "when" and not "if", because of you doubt yourself you will fail. To succeed you have to be determined. that's why I used "when".
I know that only the few make it through RIP, but I will rather die than say "I quit". losing is human, quitting is not an option. living the life of a quitter is dying everyday, that's far worst.
Plus, I am always ready to give it all to achieve my objective. Everytime I stepped up to fight, I always told the other guy (of course in my head) "you better blow my head off of you want to get through me otherwise I will keep coming back until I finish you".
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

H8 Train wrote:The question you asked should have been "If" I make if through RIP not "When" I make it through RIP.
I don't know Ranger H8, a little self confidence ain't bad. I'm not so sure as I recall thinkin ("if" I make it, although I did wonder "before" I got to RIP), but in the back of my mind I always felt like "I WAS GONNA MAKE IT". Bein a little cocky was never frowned upon when I was in, I'd be surprised if it is now. :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
warrior
Embryo

Post by warrior »

By the way Rangers. Being a guest at this site made me even more determined to make it among your ranks. Especially after that rough handling the first day. :wink: Nothing beats true companionship among rough no non-sense leave it all behind brothers in my sense. That's why I chose Thai boxing over a banking job with $$$ and money "sluts"or even just staying with the family looking good and running its businesses, and that's I will be honored "when" I make it among your ranks. I just love it too much to give it up.
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

RRDTm3 wrote:

Tuff Man Comps are a No-Go?

HMMMMMMMMMM :)
I guess you are a NO GO at this station Bubba
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
warrior
Embryo

Post by warrior »

Ranger H8 Train, Ranger V-Rod
I was not being cocky when I used "when" instead of "if". I always think positive so that I can push myself to give 100%. I know we can't win everyday, but at least knowing you tried your best and didn't quit make that next moment bearable.:wink: And sometimes when you doubt yourself you get your neck handed over to you when it could have gone the other way if only you pushed an extra mile.
Glock

Post by Glock »

Warrior, check it out. You need to have a Type A personality, The RIP instructors are going to break you down and thats where were they'll decide if they want you or not. Remember it's a selection program, if they think your a pussy but you still pass everything they will find a way to drop you. Your true character comes out when you've only selpt 30mins a night for the past three days at Cole Range and your constantly getting the living shit smoked out of you. I remember this one guy, everytime we would get smoked he would half ass and the instructors saw this and dropped him on the last day for holding his cantine cup in the wrong hand. We started out with about 200 guys and only 21 of us graduated.

That whole idea of I'll try my best and if I don't make it at least I tried, bullshit if you think your best isn't good enough then don't waste our time.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”