Introduction: Max P

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Bronco
Quitter

Re: Introduction: Max P

Post by Bronco »

Roger, Ranger Lefty.

Ranger Lefty, here are my answers to the following three questions above:

1. I have contacted Ranger Jim and Ranger GoldCoast requesting a mentor.

2. Ranger Lefty, I sent you a PM because I want a mentor to help guide me along while on my journey to try to become an Army Ranger in the 75th Regiment.

3. I know some of my posts are lacking and sometimes pointless, but I think I have learned a lot from the past mistakes I have made on this site. In addition to that, I believe my posting style and posts in general, have greatly improved since I first became a member on this forum.

I think you should consider mentoring me for several reasons. First of all, I am a hard worker and put forth 110% effort in everything I do. In addition to that, I know there is not a special formula to get into the 75th Regiment, it just takes a lot of hard work, persistence, and determination. Also, I want to earn everything I have, I do not want it to be handed/given to me for no reason at all. Additionally, I want to push myself everyday and overcome many obstacles that many think are impossible. Furthermore, I am a great listener and will give careful attention to everything you tell me. Lastly, I think I could learn a lot from you and your previous experiences to better prepare me for the tough path that lies ahead.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Mustardseed12 wrote:Roger, Ranger Lefty.

2. Ranger Lefty, I sent you a PM because I want a mentor to help guide me along while on my journey to try to become an Army Ranger in the 75th Regiment.

3. I know some of my posts are lacking and sometimes pointless, but I think I have learned a lot from the past mistakes I have made on this site. In addition to that, I believe my posting style and posts in general, have greatly improved since I first became a member on this forum.

I think you should consider mentoring me for several reasons. First of all, I am a hard worker and put forth 110% effort in everything I do.
What evidence do you have for this statement?
In addition to that, I know there is not a special formula to get into the 75th Regiment, it just takes a lot of hard work, persistence, and determination. Also, I want to earn everything I have, I do not want it to be handed/given to me for no reason at all. Additionally, I want to push myself everyday and overcome many obstacles that many think are impossible. Furthermore, I am a great listener and will give careful attention to everything you tell me. Lastly, I think I could learn a lot from you and your previous experiences to better prepare me for the tough path that lies ahead.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Mustardseed12 wrote:Roger, Ranger Lefty.

I think you should consider mentoring me for several reasons. First of all, I am a hard worker and put forth 110% effort in everything I do.
What evidence do you have for this? In addition to that, I know there is not a special formula to get into the 75th Regiment, it just takes a lot of hard work, persistence, and determination. Also, I want to earn everything I have, I do not want it to be handed/given to me for no reason at all.
Nothing in the military is handed to you for no reason at all - your performance in whatever assigned task will determine what might be given to you. Additionally, I want to push myself everyday and overcome many obstacles that many think are impossible. Furthermore, I am a great listener and will give careful attention to everything you tell me. Lastly, I think I could learn a lot from you and your previous experiences to better prepare me for the tough path that lies ahead.
You have no clue what my or other Ranger's experiences have been and therefore cannot judge how they might prepare you
I am very selective about who I mentor - I do not mentor anyone who cannot meet me face to face at my location and test on my property. Anyone can post what they have read, memorized, or done. It is something different when I face a mentee and have him recite whatever he is supposed to know. I have mentees perform simple tasks in the woods. They have to perform in front of me, to my satisfaction.

You may think us harsh on these boards, but this is the nicest anyone will treat you before you get to Basic.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Ranger Lefty, here is some evidence to prove that I am a hard worker and put 110% effort in everything I do.

freshman year cross country: Best 5k time was 19:30
freshman year track: Best 1 mile time was 5:45

sophomore year cross country: Best 5k time was 17:51
sophomore year track: Best 1 mile time was 5:07 and best two mile time was 10:42

junior year cross country: Best 5k time was 17:26
junior year track: Best 1 mile time was 4:55

I am not trying to brag or show off, I'm just showing you this to prove that I'm hard worker and giving you something that is tangible. I'm a decent runner, but not anything special, especially compared to a couple kids on the team (there is currently a kid on my team who can run a sub 16 minute 5k and 4:20 mile). However, I have put 110% into running and have a come a long way since my freshman year.

Ranger Lefty, you are right, I do not have any idea what your Ranger experiences were, but I believe that someone who has BTDT could help by giving me some insight/advice on what to expect.
11X OPT 40

Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Roger, Ranger Affirm369.
11X OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Max, where do you live?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Ranger Jim, I live in Ohio.
11X OPT 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You keep ignoring what you are told and start babbling. Ranger Lefty lives in WI. Do you intend to visit him? He laid out the standard. Read more and post less!

I am very selective about who I mentor - I do not mentor anyone who cannot meet me face to face at my location and test on my property. Anyone can post what they have read, memorized, or done. It is something different when I face a mentee and have him recite whatever he is supposed to know. I have mentees perform simple tasks in the woods. They have to perform in front of me, to my satisfaction.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Roger, Ranger Jim.
11X OPT 40

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Mustardseed12 wrote:Roger, Ranger Jim.
You and I also exchanged several PM's when you first arrived here, also unsolicited by the way, yet I took the time to read and answer you in great detail about what will be expected of you here and in the Army if you made it that far.

Yes, you finally began posting in the King's English and somewhat coherently, but you continued to ramble on and ask simple questions in the open forums without doing diligent research, against my advice.

I had to speak to you several times in the open forums, as well as by PM and finally told you to just STFU and read. You're not ready for a mentor yet, the road is long and hard young Padiwan, travel it well for your reward, or die in the trying, but never quit.

Give it time young man, read, read, read, and do PT. Harden your heart and steel your mind, this is no childs game you're entering into.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Roger, Ranger cams.
11X OPT 40

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of Mustardseed12 wrote: Ranger Lefty, here is some evidence to prove that I am a hard worker and put 110% effort in everything I do.

junior year cross country: [Best 5k time was 17:26
junior year track: Best 1 mile time was 4:55

Mustardseed12 post of Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:08 pm wrote:Here are my PT results:

Push-ups: 35 in 2 min.
Sit-ups: 55 in 2 min.
Pull-ups: 6
2 mile run: 14:23

I know these scores are bla bla bla.
5 kilometers = 3.10686miles (google question)

So your best 5k/3.1 mile time (in your junior year) was - [drum roll] = 17.26 minutes
But your 2nd mile takes you 14:23 & in another 3 minutes you do the third & a tenth miles faster than the 2nd mile.

Ranger Zone IV is on the right track here.'

My question is why the big differences in the two dates of runs. Reading these #'s seems like you quit running fast out of LOM* for the 2nd mile of the 2 miles run. by your own stats you should have completed the 2 miles run in 13+/- figure.

I do not want any excuses nor a response & we do not care to read from you [about] other runners on your team at school.

*LOM (Lack of Motivation)
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”