Police:Deputy Shoots At Disabled Man Waving Gun MadeOf Legos

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Police:Deputy Shoots At Disabled Man Waving Gun MadeOf Legos

Post by Steadfast »

Police: Deputy Shoots At Disabled Man Waving Gun Made Of Legos
COTTAGE LAKE, Wash. (CBS Seattle) – A Kings County Sheriff’s deputy has been put on administrative leave after being accused of shooting at a developmentally disabled man who was holding a toy gun.

The Seattle Times reports police got multiple calls about a man waving a gun at passing vehicles.

“The first deputy arrived minutes later and the man ignored her commands. When the man pulled the handgun from his waistband and raised it,

Story
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Police: Deputy Shoots At Disabled Man Waving Gun Made Of

Post by rangertough »

People here wonder why SPD was investigated by the DoJ.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Police: Deputy Shoots At Disabled Man Waving Gun Made Of

Post by Jim »

Nobody can make-up this shit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Police:Deputy Shoots At Disabled Man Waving Gun MadeOf L

Post by cams »

Just to play devils advocate here for a minute, police depts are constantly receiving/sharing intel
and photos of "toy guns", numerous different types, that have been modified to fire live rounds as well as real guns, that have been modified to resemble toys, in all different manner of ways.

All done to try and confuse an officer and make them hesitate so the bad guy can get the drop on them and fire first.

How much time did this deputy/officer have to try and determine that this suspect was an EDP? Or that what he was drawing from his waistband and then allegedly raising to point at her wasn't a real weapon?

I've seen Super Soakers in their bright colors clearly signifying that its a squirt gun but upon closer examination it concealed a 12ga shotgun. This is only one example of dozens.

We just received intel on Friday of vehicles that had rigged a 12ga under the engine hood, business end facing out to the grill of the vehicle and rigged with a pull/twine fed thru the dashboard so the driver could fire at anything in front of the vehicle.

I'm glad the officer went home safely that night, too many weirdos out there to fuck around with these days.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

cams wrote:Just to play devils advocate here for a minute, police depts are constantly receiving/sharing intel
and photos of "toy guns", numerous different types, that have been modified to fire live rounds as well as real guns, that have been modified to resemble toys, in all different manner of ways.

All done to try and confuse an officer and make them hesitate so the bad guy can get the drop on them and fire first.

How much time did this deputy/officer have to try and determine that this suspect was an EDP? Or that what he was drawing from his waistband and then allegedly raising to point at her wasn't a real weapon?

I've seen Super Soakers in their bright colors clearly signifying that its a squirt gun but upon closer examination it concealed a 12ga shotgun. This is only one example of dozens.

We just received intel on Friday of vehicles that had rigged a 12ga under the engine hood, business end facing out to the grill of the vehicle and rigged with a pull/twine fed thru the dashboard so the driver could fire at anything in front of the vehicle.

I'm glad the officer went home safely that night, too many weirdos out there to fuck around with these days.
Honestly, what bothers me the most about this is the deputy missed and the caregivers didn't say a thing even after shots were fired. To bring more shame on the facility they didn't make the crazy fuck leave his "weapon" inside.

Tough
Rangertough
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Understood and agreed. Complete failure on both sides of the event.

Sounds like everybody involved needs some remedial training.

Most of the workers I've had contact with at these types of facilities are completely inept and could care less about the welfare of their charges. Another government sponsored agency with minimum wage workers who couldn't care less.

I'm certainly not saying that every cop is qualified either, I work with several that shouldn't be Walmart security much less an armed LEO.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

On a whole side note... what toy guns can be modified to fire live rounds? I'd love to know what plastic out there can handle the pressures.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

rgrokelley wrote:On a whole side note... what toy guns can be modified to fire live rounds? I'd love to know what plastic out there can handle the pressures.
The plastic probably goes around the weapon.

I've owned airguns with enough muzzle V that it could kill a human.

Tough
Rangertough
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rangertough wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:On a whole side note... what toy guns can be modified to fire live rounds? I'd love to know what plastic out there can handle the pressures.
The plastic probably goes around the weapon.

I've owned airguns with enough muzzle V that it could kill a human.

Tough
Correct. Toy weapons are being hollowed out and modified firearms are inserted into the shell.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Glad the retard didn't catch the dead.

Hope the deputy is heading to remedial marksmanship.

Wish that care homes were run by people less retarded than their wards....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The News Dump”