Introduction - Steven

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

alwayshopes
Egg

Introduction - Steven

Post by alwayshopes »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Steven, I am 22 years of age, I work at Togo's. I have a high school diploma but have not pursued much of a college education. As of now I am very interested in serving my country.

So far I have talked to an Army Recruiter, taken the ASVAB, and done some medical paperwork. I scored a total AFQT of 72, and over 110 in GT. My initial hopes were to get over 50 and 110 in GT so that I could be eligible to one day become a Ranger.

I've recently been researching potential MOS's. At the moment I believe that a 68 whiskey would be a great option for me. However, I am apprehensive due to some fears. Having cold feet and second guessing my ability to work with blood. I'm not exactly afraid of blood but doubts are there.

Things that are stopping me from joining as of right now are my parents and the unknown. My Dad has a prejudice view of the Army as well as my Mom. They want me to the join the Navy or the Air Force. However, they are supportive and want to meet with my current recruiter as well as other branches of the Armed Forces.

In terms of physical fitness my endurance is terrible. I've been working on gaining weight and muscle the past 6 months. I'm 5'10, 145 pounds.

My most recent PT:
37 PU in 1 min
39 SU in 1 min
7:01 for one mile

Thank you Rangers!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

alwayshopes

Post by Steadfast »

Welcomealwayshopes.

Do us a favor and give us your 2 minute pu & su numbers as your baseline.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Steven

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Steven.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome Steven. If you truly want to become a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Please read all the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. The search feature, located at the top right of this page can help you answer most questions. There is a storehouse of information about MOS 68W. The search feature is your friend, I reserve judgement. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
alwayshopes
Egg

Post by alwayshopes »

Ranger Steadfast, Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV, Ranger Jim, thank you all for the welcome! I'm currently recovering from the flu but i'll have my baseline to you as soon as possible.

Return to “Introduction Archive”