Introduction - John

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

jth456

Introduction - John

Post by jth456 »

Hello Rangers,

My name is John and I am 19 years old. I was recommended to give this website a look for preparation for RASP. I currently enlisted with an 11x Option 40 contract and have a few good months to continue preparing. At the moment, I can do 75 pushups in 2:00 minutes, 82 sit-ups in 2:00, and can complete the 2 mile run in 13:09 seconds. Am I standing well in terms of physical strength and endurance? I haven't timed my 5 minute mile run yet but I am capable of running 8 miles without stopping and at a reasonable pace and I am able to complete 18 dead hang pull-ups. Another question is, should I be running 6-8 miles everyday like I am currently doing, or is that too much? I haven't noticed any downside to this approach, yet. I will start the 12 week RASP preparation that I received at the Army Liaison at MEPS when I swore in. During these next few months, I will be posting my fitness statistics and the improvements that I aim to make.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction - John

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, John.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

John, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Please read all the FAQs, stickies and select therads. We have a thread dedicated to those DEP's who are Option 40. You have a worthwhile PT baseline, but I did not see a report date. Please add this to your signature. Most of the questions you nay have can be answered using the search feature, located on the top right side of this page.

Please tell us more about you. Where did you go to school. Have you got a pregnant girlfriend. Why do yu want to be a Ranger?

Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
jth456

Post by jth456 »

Ranger Jim,

Thank you for your reply. I have added my report date to my signature. I will also answer your questions about myself. I actually went to high-school over in Bangkok, Thailand because my father works for Chevron and was positioned overseas for four years. Life was great over there. Thailand was a beautiful country. I had many friends from the states who's parents worked at the American Embassy in Bangkok. After I graduated, I moved back over to America and attended college at the University of Southern Mississippi for a year (I have 38 hours of college credits). You may be wondering why I am not in college at the moment anymore. The reason why is I just had no clue what I wanted to do at the time. I went in as a Marine Biologist major, but then decided that it was not for me. To your other question, I have no pregnant girlfriend ..thankfully (definitely not ready for that, yet). The reason why I chose the Option 40 contract to become a Ranger was because I want to be part of a more elite group of soldiers. I want to be something more than just a standard infantryman. The Rangers appeal to me more than any other team in the world. It is a way of life and a true brotherhood that I want to be a part of and I will never quit until I am in. Also, I would like to add that my grandfather was a paratrooper back in the days (I am not sure about the exact dates and unit that he served in) and he would tell me stories about his times when he worked with Rangers.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

jth456

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here jth456.

PM inbound, Title Upgraded.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
jth456

Post by jth456 »

Rangers,

This past Friday, I graduated from OSUT. I am currently on pass and hold the status of an Airborne holdover. This Thursday we will be shipping over to the Airborne barracks and will in process that same day. We were told that we will receive another pass for that weekend and should report back that following Monday on Memorial Day. I just wanted to stop in with a short SITREP. To all of the other mentees on this board, best of luck to you all at OSUT. It isn't hard at all and you will all do will. Due to budget cuts, our company wasn't able to do some of the training that we were supposed to do but overall, the training was great. When you guys do your pt tests, make sure that you have great form because there were many soldiers who thought they could max out push-ups but had shit form and wound up with embarrassing scores. But just stay strong and you will get through. Ranger Jim and Ranger GoldCoast, thank you so much for being my mentor my mentors. Your words of guidance and encouragement have helped me push myself beyond my limits and I will always keep your phrase of "'Never quit" in my head as I head into Airborne. Pre-RASP , and RASP. I will keep you all updated on the rest of my training pipeline. Thank you, Rangers.
jth456

Post by jth456 »

*my mentors
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP! Keep us informed and work on your pull-ups. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
jth456

Post by jth456 »

Roger Ranger Jim

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”