Introduction - Andrew

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Unicorn
Future Soldier

Introduction - Andrew

Post by Unicorn »

Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew and I am 18. I have been coming back to this site for well over a year now, reading as much as I can. After a long and boring process, I finally swore in as an 11x in July, so I figured it was time to introduce myself. I am a high school graduate from the Twin Cities whose sole purpose to join the Army is to become an Airborne Ranger. Unfortunately, at the time of my enlistment there were no 11x's with option 40, or even option 4. Actually, there weren't even any Infantry slots open for all of 2012-2013. I stayed put at MEPs for awhile while my recruiter pulled some strings. He ended up calling his Sergeant Major, who was able to get me my contract. I am very thankful.

I work at the local GMC dealership detailing cars full time. However, I have put in my two week notice because it is conflicting with me preparing for the Army, which is much more important to me than 9 dollars an hour.

During my advanced individual training during OSUT, I will do what I can to volunteer for Airborne school, and at Airborne, volunteer for RASP. I understand there is a chance I won't be able to attend both, but nonetheless, I will still be the best soldier I can be.

I'd just like to add, a couple of weeks ago I volunteered to work at the Minnesota State Fair (which is awesome btw) with the recruiters from my office and some other DEPer's to help with the Army recruit and represent itself. While there, I actually got the chance to meet and talk to a Ranger Captain, and a Brigadier General. Both highly respectable men who I'd take orders from any day.

I have just under 4 months now to prepare myself physically and mentally for OSUT. My goal is to be ready for RASP before I leave, so that if I get the chance to volunteer, I will be ready. I want to thank all the service members on this site for your service and sacrifices, I am proud to be part of a country with such brave men and women. And thank you for your time to read my post.

See you on the site!
11x - Shipping 2 January 2013
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Andrew

Post by Jim »

Welcome, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Please read all the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please self-administer a PT Test and post your results on this thread.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Andrew.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

It has been two days. If you want to be a Ranger, be responsive.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Unicorn
Future Soldier

Post by Unicorn »

Ranger Jim, I have been working a lot lately and was unable to reply until now. Thank you both for the welcome. I managed to squeeze a PT test in. It is as follows:

2 mile run - 15:58
2 min P/U - 65
2 min S/U - 112

5 minute break in between events.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Unicorn wrote:Ranger Jim, I have been working a lot lately and was unable to reply until now. Thank you both for the welcome. I managed to squeeze a PT test in. It is as follows:

2 mile run - 15:58
2 min P/U - 65
2 min S/U - 112

5 minute break in between events.
OK, you now have a baseline; and you need work. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Unicorn
Future Soldier

Post by Unicorn »

Thanks again Ranger Jim. With only three and a half months left, I have my work cut out for me.

Return to “Introduction Archive”