Introduction - Silverain

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverain
Embryo

Introduction - Silverain

Post by Silverain »

Hello everyone, my name is Austin and I am a 17 year old starting my senior year of high school. It has always been my goal to serve in the military, and more recently the 75th Ranger Regiment. I have not done many sports in school other than recreational working out and one year of track and field. I joined this site to learn more about Army Rangers and pick up some work out advice as well, as my running just gets worse and worse as the years go by. I am fairly skinny, and going to try to do cross country or long distance track and field this year to hopefully drastically improve my mileage. I am either enlisting out of high school, or doing community college then enlisting to make up a few credits I will need for a university in the future (such as a world language).

Thank you Rangers and soldiers for your service, and I hope to learn from you all!
"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." ~Elmer Davis
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Silverain

Post by Jim »

Austin, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take considerable pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Please read all the FAQs and select stickies and threads. The search feature, located at the top right side of this page is your friend. Most questions have been raised and answered already. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Silverain
Embryo

Post by Silverain »

I know it's terrible, but I have got to start somewhere:

Push ups: 45
Sit ups: 47
2 mile run: 20:13
Pull ups: 7
"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." ~Elmer Davis
Silverain
Embryo

Post by Silverain »

Jim wrote:Austin, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take considerable pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Please read all the FAQs and select stickies and threads. The search feature, located at the top right side of this page is your friend. Most questions have been raised and answered already. Never, never quit!
Thank you Ranger Jim, and will do!
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Silverain wrote:I know it's terrible, but I have got to start somewhere:

Your run is atrocious. Push ups and sit ups are on par with kids who are in "decent" shape for your age group.

What looks good to me is your pull ups. Did you do them without kipping or kicking your legs? Add 3 more good solid perfect pull ups and you're well on your way to being not just golden but great.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Silverain
Embryo

Post by Silverain »

They were solid pull ups. I have worked on those the most in the past. More recently my push ups and sit ups. My biggest concern, obviously, is my running. I was on track like I said, and was at least a decent runner then, but last year I did nothing and now I'm paying for it.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Silverain wrote:I know it's terrible, but I have got to start somewhere:

OK, so now you have a baseline. Start running today.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Silverain
Embryo

Post by Silverain »

Thank you Ranger Richard Cranium, and definitely will Ranger Jim.
Silverain
Embryo

Post by Silverain »

Just got back from a 2.5 mile run. I had to cut it short due to family obligations. Still, feels great to get out there and accomplish something. :D

Return to “Introduction Archive”