Introduction - John

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Integrity
Future Soldier

Introduction - John

Post by Integrity »

Hello Rangers. Im 21 years old and have recently signed my contract to join the US Army. Im currently enrolled in the DEP'S. I have been in the Law Enforcement field since i graduated HS. Multiple armed and unarmed security positions, Corrections Officer, Tactical Assistance Group member...etc. I will be leaving for basic on 20121116 and will be earning the MOS of 68W. Im very excited and look forward to learning all i can and see what i can offer. I was not able to obtain an Opt 40 with my contract. I have been doing what research i can on this site and many others in order to determine the best way to earn a Opt 40 contract while going through basic and AIT. While waiting to ship i am working to improve my physical performance and learn everything i can before hand. I have a copy of the Ranger Handbook i have been studying, along with the other info i have been given for Basic. Thank you for letting me be a part of your site Rangers! I look forward to talking to some over you very soon. Take Care.
- John
Ship Date: 20121118
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - John

Post by Jim »

You need to think about changing your screen name. You are not a 68W yet. Read the FAQs.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Integrity
Future Soldier

Post by Integrity »

Thank you Ranger Jim. Ive have been in contact with Ranger Steadfast and belive I have fixed it.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

As you hav e a report date, please take advantage of Ranger Goldcoast's mentorship program. find the thread with this title, begin on page pne and scan through the thread. When you finish that, please sign in and begin to take part in the thread.

Five Mentees Report Here
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Integrity does not have an Opt 40 contract & does not/will not have access to Five Mentees Report Here thread.

Integrity if you re-negotiate with your recruiter & get an Opt 40 contract - come back & post the info, until then it is up to you to research & read all in: Recruiters Q & A forums. Many Rangers have posted their personal experiences & pt regimins that have helped many previous DEPS become Ranger themselves.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

John, I jumped the gun. Use the search device on the top right of this page and search for 68W. You will clearly see why you want to be a Ranger Medic. Try to upgrade your enlistment contract to Option 40. If that fails, look at the search results and follow the instructions there. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Integrity
Future Soldier

Post by Integrity »

Ranger Jim and Ranger Steadfast thank you for the information. I will be talking with my recruiter in person tomorrow or on Wed. for our PT about upgrading to an Opt 40. God willing we can work something out. I will be back and let everyone know what he had to say. Im trying to spend as much time as i can researching on here to learn and try to understand where to go from here. Thank you for your help Rangers.
Integrity
Future Soldier

Post by Integrity »

Just got back from the recruiting station today. I went in to talk about upgrading my contract to have an Opt 4 or Opt 40. Basically I was told its a bad idea and that there is a really good chance they would just send me on my way and not even let me join. Now from everything I've read on here and talking with people I'm going to take that with a grain of salt and take it as a bunch of BS. I did get to talk to my First SGT however and they are lookin into moving my ship date to a sooner date for me. Right now I'm just focusing on gettin into the best shape I can and studying everything I can to be both physically and mentally prepared to go in and try to get a Ranger position one day. I know that if it does happen immediately that it will happen eventually. I will never quit until it happens.

On a different note we had a Future Soldier in the station today that is shipping on Sunday who still needed to pass his PT test so I went out and did the PT test with him today. Scores are as follows for the 2-2-2...

Run: 14:33
Pushups: 50
Situps: 40
Total score: 184

Nothing to be proud of but I plan on having a 300+ score before I ship. Improving on my score everyday.
Integrity
Future Soldier

Post by Integrity »

Spelling correction- Doesn't not does. At end of first paragraph.

Return to “Introduction Archive”