Introduction- Brandon

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

BrandonM1911
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction- Brandon

Post by BrandonM1911 »

Greetings Rangers!

My name is Brandon and I am 19 years old. I was a 4-year ROTC scholarship winner before I voluntarily withdrew from the program to pursue my life-long dream of being a ranger. After four months of uncertainty and red tape, I was declared 1-day prior service and able to enlist into the army.

My ASVAB score was 98 with a GT score of 135, and I was fortunate enough to receive an 11x op40 contract. I ship October first, and I’m filling my time from now until then studying ranger knowledge and skills.

I have been an avid mixed martial artist since the age of six, but due to the threat of injury I’ve had to put my training on hold. Instead, I now work out six times a week, and my 2/2/2 P.T scores are as follows:
91 pushups
85 situps
12:52 2-mile

Thank you in advance rangers for your knowledge, expertise, and service to this country. I look forward to fielding your questions, and gleaning as much knowledge as I can from these boards before I ship.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction- Brandon

Post by cams »

Welcome. Ranger is a title, capitilize it. Go do PT.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
BrandonM1911
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by BrandonM1911 »

My apologies, Ranger. Let me know if anything else needs to be done.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

BrandonM1911 wrote:My apologies, Ranger. Let me know if anything else needs to be done.
Since you are short on time until you ship, I suggest reading everything you can in the About Jump School and About RASP forums as well as the Army Physical Fitness Forum. There is a huge amount of very helpful info in there from those recent young studs who have gone before you.

Look into the Mentor Forum as well.

Read much, post little, run until you puke or shit yourself, then run more while you clean up.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”