Introductions - Brian

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

desmond.21
Egg

Introductions - Brian

Post by desmond.21 »

Hello Rangers,

I recently enlisted into the DEP as an E3 with an 11x contract. Pending my graduation from The Ohio State University next spring, I will be bumped to an E4 and ship immediately. I will be graduating with an International Studies Degree with a specialization in Security and Intelligence, and Russian and Criminology minors.

Initially, my recruiter had informed me that I had an option 40 contract reserved, and I went to MEPs believing that was what I would sign. Unfortunately, when I arrived I was informed that I was not qualified to sign the option 40 contract due to a med waiver. I took the 11x contract planning to stand out in OSUT and volunteer for Airborne and subsequently RASP.

The med waiver is for an injury to my back that occurred early in high-school. It hasn't bothered me a day since it happened, and hasn't stopped me from any physical activity, including boxing at the collegiate level.

I have gained a wealth of knowledge from these forums in the past few months, and with this post I hope to open up new channels of inspiration to help me achieve my ultimate goal of becoming a United States Army Ranger. Thank you Rangers, for all your past and future advice.

PT Scores:
Push-ups 2 minute: 98
Sit-ups 2 minute: 72
2 mile run: 14min 13sec

Ship Date: 2013 05 13
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introductions - Brian

Post by Jim »

Brian, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You have met success. You are correct that you may be able to earn a RASP slot during OSUT. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Your PT results indicatre you hjave some room for improvement -- but you have time on your side. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
desmond.21
Egg

Re: Introductions - Brian

Post by desmond.21 »

Thank you for the advice Ranger Jim.

The run is where I find I struggle the most. Currently I run two to three times a week, on the off days from boxing practice, and find that I am slowly but surely improving. I intent to test some running program, find one that works well for me, and stick to it to improve my times and general fitness.

Brian

Return to “Introduction Archive”