Introduction - Jay

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

jay17
Egg

Introduction - Jay

Post by jay17 »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Jay and I'm a 23 year old from Maryland. I'll be graduating from The University of Maryland with a bachelors degree in Accounting in 2 weeks. I have lurked this site for almost 2 years now and I want to sincerely thank you Rangers for the amount of information you've made available for us DEP's.

The older I get, the more frustrated I've become with the insincerity and complacency of my peers. After trying multiple 9 to 5 jobs, I realized that there was no way I'd waste the short time I have on this planet staring at a computer screen in the middle of some cubicle farm.

I've longed to be a part of something more for so long. I know it will be the most difficult thing in my life, but I want nothing more than to be surrounded by a group of exceptional men that I would proudly die for and know that they'd do the same for their brother.

Currently, my 2/2/2 scores are
PU - 68
SU - 77
2 mile - 13:55

I know my current scores are inadequate. I've bulked up way too much and realize all this excess weight will do me no good. Im currently sitting at 200 lbs at 5'11'', but I plan to enter basic at around 160.

Again, I want to thank you Rangers for all the help and information you have given. You have afforded us a luxury that many of you did not receive when you went through this process. Thank you!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Jay

Post by Jim »

Well, Jay, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. So far you are doing well enough. I appreciatre that you recognize your shortcomings in the PT department. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Are you on Main Campus?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
jay17
Egg

Re: Introduction - Jay

Post by jay17 »

Jim wrote:Well, Jay, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. So far you are doing well enough. I appreciatre that you recognize your shortcomings in the PT department. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Are you on Main Campus?
Yes sir, I'll be graduating from College Park, Ranger Jim.

Return to “Introduction Archive”