SITREP

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
mv2012
Embryo

SITREP

Post by mv2012 »

Rangers,

I just graduated OSUT yesterday and am now processed into ABN school. An interesting note, our OSUT class (we were told) broke the battalion record with 67 ELS for about 40% attrition. Simultaneously other companies ate ice cream sandwiches and kept their cellphones on Sundays, while we got smoked and smoked and then smoked and smoked some more, still having absolutely no freedom or privileges at all. So, there seems to be a huge variety in what can be expected in infantry OSUT.

At the end of the cycle, the ranger and sf liaisons were handing out contracts like candy. At first, they just briefed the highest pt scores. Then, they started asking drill sergeants for more guys who were squared away. At the end, we had between 12-15% of our OSUT class graduate with RASP contracts, and that's just the guys who wanted it. Plenty more were offered contracts and declined.

My last APFT was as follows:
87 PU
79 SU
13:07 2MR

I will admit that I found OSUT challenging, mostly in that I was more affected by the drill sergeants mind game than I originally expected. Physically it wasn't that bad, but it was pretty draining to constantly get smoked because of other guys mistakes and fuckups. I started off trying to square guys away, but quickly realized that it was completely pointless as I had no authority over anyone and some people simply do not care... At all... About anything. Hopefully that will be different going forward.

Not sure what else to post at the moment... My thanks to Ranger HakweeRgr for all his mentoring, the preparation he had me do no doubt made OSUT much, much more tolerable.
Shipdate: 20120103
Mentor: HakweeRgr
IntelToad
Ranger

SITREP

Post by IntelToad »

Congrats dude, drive on.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. The fun is just starting. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

SITREP

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Congrats, now continue the mission. Keep focused on your goal.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776

Return to “Letters from School”