RASP swim quals

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
goflyakite
Egg

RASP swim quals

Post by goflyakite »

I've had this question for a while now, but haven't been able to find an answer to it anywhere, so I'm hoping someone here can help me. At any time in RASP or in regiment, will you be expected to swim at depth (8'-10'), and if you have troubles with it could it cause you to fail the course? I have no problem swimming, but I've never been able to clear the pressure off my ears when diving past that 8' mark. My father said that he had the same issue when he first took up diving but was eventually able to clear his with practice, however he still had to go slower than everyone else. Should this be an issue in RASP or in regiment?
20120723 - Ship date
goon175
Ranger

Re: RASP swim quals

Post by goon175 »

Not in RASP, you don't go more than just a bit under the surface of the water. In Batt., you will do pool PT regularly (well, depending on your squad), and there are water jumps every now and again, but neither of those things should take you past 10'. Some guys get the chance to go to CDQC, but it is not a requirement by any means at all.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “About RASP”