Opt. 40 update

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
goon175
Ranger

Re: Opt. 40 update

Post by goon175 »

Yes, they are, but they were gone about 25 minutes after I posted that.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

There are 240 11x Opt. 40's on the system as of the time of this post.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Last I checked, anyone is welcome on ArmyRanger.com, tell him to make an intro and come on board.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

xnickx wrote:Hi Ranger goon175, I called my recruiter to see about re-negotiating for a 11x opt.40, but they were gone. I told him where I heard about them and he is interested in contacting you if you don't mind. Thank you.
What Mos do you have right now? If you have 11X already you do not have to reno your contract all they need to do is update your reservation. Most of the option 40s that were on the system earlier this week were shipping 29/30 OCT.

Perry
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

^Yup. Especially since you already have an opt. 4, which means you have already done your abn. physical. Like PerryB said, it's too easy.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I know how the fucking system works, and I didn't use any magic wizard spells to see 240 contracts. PerryB is a guidance counselor and knows wtf he is talking about as well. We both have seen all these contracts, and we both are telling you that you don't need to sign reno paperwork, it is simply a phonecall. Like I said, your recruiter is more than welcome to register on the site.
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
PerryB

Post by PerryB »

Like goon175 has told you all your recruiter needs to do is call the counselor at your meps and ask him to look and see if he can add a option 40 to your contract. You do not need to go the meps. I check daily for the recruiters that ask me. As a senior in high school you have a good chance because a lot of kids will fail to graduate or just puss out and quit. As these things happen more option 40s should appear.
broncowm
Embryo

Post by broncowm »

PerryB and Ranger goon175:
My son is currently a DEP 11x (has always wanted the option 40) and after seeing the 11x opt 40 now popping up (through Ranger goon175's posts) my son began asking his recruiter for the best way to get an opt 40 added. His recuriter told him he would have to reno his 11x to try and get an 11x with opt 40. After readying your comments I went to their office and happened to walk in on a meeting of all 4 recruiters of our local office. I mentioned to them that we heard all they would need to do is make a phone call to our MEPS to add the option 40 if/when available and they said "No". He would have to go to MEPS through a reno. One recruiter said that they would not be able to change the contract over the phone. I said of course not but you would think that they would be able to reserve one if available and that it seemed like a waste of time and money for my son to have to keep going to MEPS each time/week in order to try and get the option 40.
As we are in the same state as PerryB our recruiters said that our MEPS does if diffently than PerryB's.
My son is currently waiting for his reno paperwork to be approved for him to go to MEPS in hopes an option 40 comes up.

Thank you both for all of your thoughts and comments.
"You are never beaten until you admit it"
LTG George S. Patton
broncowm
Embryo

Post by broncowm »

PerryB and Ranger goon175:
I appreciate both of your information, but our local recruiters are insistant that my son would need to go to MEPS to reno his 11x in hopes of getting an opt 40. So he is now scheduled to go to MEPS tonight and meet with counselor in the morning. Should there not be any 11x opt 40's available tomorrow would I have instructed my son to ask the counselor if he can assign an opt 40 to his 11x (without him being there) when one comes available as you have mentioned earlier. I told our recruiters that they can ask the counselors to do this but again, they evidently do not know how this can work. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated but as you both have pointed out, they can do it...I just dont understand why they wont.
LTG George S. Patton
PerryB

Post by PerryB »

Sir, it is so sad that the recruiters and the counselors at the meps your son is working with are making a easy situation difficult. I hope your son is able to obtain a option 40 contract. If you run into any more issues please let me know I will call the meps your son is dealing with and talk to them about how to update a reservation.

Perryb

Oh and you're an Aggie too. Hell I have no option buut to square you away. WHOOP GIG'EM.
Last edited by PerryB on May 8th, 2012, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
broncowm
Embryo

Post by broncowm »

Howdy PerryB:

I left you a message but you were unavailable so I sent you a PM.

Thank you for your assistance.

Gig'em
LTG George S. Patton
broncowm
Embryo

Post by broncowm »

Howdy PerryB and Ranger goon175:

My son sat down with his GC this morning, they had his paperwork ready and waiting for his signature...adding an opt 40 to his existing 11x WHOOP. His ship date was not affected. They also had his security clearance competed. I don't know if his recruiters realized the errors of their way, or when the GC received my son's reno letter, or if PerryB pulled a rabbit out of his hat for us (or a combination of all of the above). Bottom line is (as you both very plainly stated), you can add an opt 40 to an existing 11x contract.

Thank you and all the other Rangers that make this site so invaluable for those of use so new to this experience.
LTG George S. Patton
PerryB

Post by PerryB »

Congrats, maybe your son can knock out 50 push ups for goon175. Best of luck to him as he prepares to ship out in September.

Perry

Return to “Recruitment Process”