Introduction- Jim

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

JimNJNG
Egg

Introduction- Jim

Post by JimNJNG »

Hello, my name is Jim, I am 27 years old and signed my contract with the NJ Army National Guard in October as an OCS candidate. I recently completed my first drill and ship to Ft. Jackson for BCT on 20120103. I am going traditional OCS so I will be commissioned by 201308 if all goes according to plan. I graduated with a BS in Criminal Justice from Sacred Heart University in 2006 and have worked with the NJ Division of Youth and Family Services investigating child abuse and neglect since 2007. I am married and recently had my first child. I want to be a Ranger because when I get deployed I want to have the best training possible and working with the best soldiers around me. At my first drill I completed the 1-1-1 PT test and scored 64 pushups, 35 sit-ups and ran a 6:48 mile. I have been training everyday before work in the morning and trying to improve my sit-ups and mile time. Trying not to be long winded, I am glad I found this site and am looking forward to learning as much as possible about the path to becoming a Ranger and the Ranger way of life.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Jim

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Jim,

Congrats on your first child, hope the baby & Mrs are doing fine.

You'd be best to head on down to Recruiters Q & A forums - is a wealth of info.

By next Friday, 6:00 PM 9 Dec post your 2 min scores, su, pu & 2 miles run & how many chin up you can do.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
JimNJNG
Egg

Post by JimNJNG »

Thank you for reading my post and the welcome. I will make sure to read up on that section of this site. I'll give myself a 2-2-2 test including chin-ups on the 9th and make sure to post my results. All advice is greatly appreciated.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Introduction- Jim

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Jim
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
JimNJNG
Egg

Post by JimNJNG »

Rangers,

Again thank you for the welcome. I gave myself the 2-2-2 test. 102 pushups (I hit failure), 72 situps, 14:01 2-mile. I was able to do 19 chin-ups. My personal goal is to get 120 pushups, 100 situps, 13:00 2-mile and 25 chin-ups by the end of BCT.

Right now I am just doing P90X everyday before work, running 2 miles every other day after work and low rep high weight lifting on Sundays.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Better start working on form, speed will follow. I think you'll discover that a Ranger instructor will not so generously count your reps.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
JimNJNG
Egg

Post by JimNJNG »

Hello again Rangers,
Just got back from BCT at Ft. Jackson. I enjoyed my experience and time there. My drill sergeants were great and I learned a lot from them. I worked hard, did well and am looking forward to the next challenge in my military training. I scored a 332 on the APFT, 96 push ups, 92 sit ups and a 12:56 2 mile, I lost about 7 pounds too. I qualified at a 34 and can't wait for another chance to get that 36. I'm planning on attending the accelerated OCS program in Ft. Benning now and am hoping on going straight to Airborne school once I graduate. I will be meeting with the guard again this Saturday and will try to book a slot then. I'm taking one step at a time but am keeping my end goal of branching infantry, getting into and finishing Ranger School in sight. Thank you for all the advice so far, especially on focusing on my form while exercising.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”