Intro-From Russia with Respect

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Rex
Tadpole

Intro-From Russia with Respect

Post by Rex »

Hello,everybody! My name is Den (aka Rex) and I am from Russia.
First of all, I want to express my deepest respect to Rangers, who serve their country with dignity,dedication and bravery all over the world! Of course, sometimes they serve too close to borders of my country:))
I also admire the courage of their closest who have to wait them at home. I personally know that constant support from home always help to override difficulties!
I was born on November8,1987(date of October revolution) in ordinary soviet family of mixed Russo-Ukrainian origin. My father studied at University in order to become an engineer, but in 1983 mr.Reagan dubbed Soviet Union as "Evil empire" and my father was drafted from University to Soviet Airborn Troops (aka VDV) (In Russian: Воздушно-десантные войса ВДВ)! After 3 month training in Turkmenistan as gunner of anti-aircraft gun 23 mm (in Russian: наводчик-оператор ЗСУ-23) and was sent to Afganistan to serve in 56 Air Assault Brigade (in Russian: 56-я гвардейская отдельная десантно-штурмовая бригада) stationed in Gardez, Paktia. He served 21 month there...After coming home he fell in love with my mother and they married. He finished his education and they went to Ukraine where mother`s relatives lives. By the way,my mother is chemical engineer. Even before demise of USSR they divorced and my Father went to Far East Russia, where he found new wife and good job.Nevetheless, he always helped me and my mother in difficult days of post-soviet Ukraine. My mother also married once more with good man who become my excelent friend. During dissolution of USSR I automatically acquired dual Ukrainian and Russian citizenship,which is Forbidden in Ukraine and Russia:)))
Making a long story short:
In 2005 I graduated from secondary shool and entered Chemical department of Kharkiv University.
In 2009 I got a Bachelor diploma with honor in organic chemistry.
In October 2009 I was enlisted for a regular service in Russian Army: 104 Separate Detachment of Spetsnaz of 10 Separate Brigade of Spetsnaz of Main Intelligence Directorate of General Staff of Russian Armed Forces (in Russian: 104 ООСпН 10 ОБрСпН ГРУ ГШ ВС РФ). Served 6 month in Abkhazia "aka Russian puppet state"))))
In December 2010 I completed my military service.
Worked as chemist in Far Eastern region of Russia.
In September I entered Kiev University. Now I am getting Master`s degree in Pharmaceutical organic chemistry.
If somebody interested in:
Our shoot training before tour in Abkhazia:
http://www.youtube.com/user/230ORRVDV#p/u/4/Zxdxx5iqLtw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(When there are four guys firing I am with machine gun at the right side)
Our joint fire training with 282 ООСпН in Kodori george:
http://www.youtube.com/user/230ORRVDV#p/u/0/0aPhQ1mtsnE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My younger brother`s first jumping (he is serving with Spetsnaz brigade near Chinese border, his friend was allowed to shoot!!):
http://www.youtube.com/user/hoholshin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is all!Sorry for my "commie" English!
But I did my best))
Кто мужчиной рожден, тот рожден побеждать!!!

Strength is essential to negotiate successfully and protect our interests. If we're weak, we can do neither.
Ronald Reagan
Address to the Nation and Other Countries on United States-Soviet Relations
January 16, 1984
Rex
Tadpole

Re: Intro-From Russia with Respect

Post by Rex »

Sorry!This is video where I am shooting:
http://www.youtube.com/user/230ORRVDV#p/u/5/yj8ATqtJ1a0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Strength is essential to negotiate successfully and protect our interests. If we're weak, we can do neither.
Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

Trophies captured by my Detachment in western Georgia during Five-Day war in 2008:
on foto my friend Kostya
Attachments
x_6ef4ca51.jpg

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

MY father`s Afgan foto:
Military Oath Ceremony,Turkmenistan, May 1984:
Attachments
prisjaga.jpg

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

Salang road, September 1984:
Attachments
mvid1.jpg

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

Anti Aircraft Gun (in Russian: Зенитная установка калибра 23 мм) placed on KAMAZ truck (was used to supress Dushman`s ambush):
Attachments
kpered2.jpg
(54.3 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
kpered.jpg

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

здравствуйте дусантник рех!

Many here patrol the same ridges your father did. большое спасиба for sharing his photographs. Very interesting.

My welcome would be better but я плохо говорю по-русски. I'm practicing with the help of this show: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It's going to be a while yet...

This looks like it might be your equivalent to this place; you recognize anyone here? http://desantura.ru/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)
------------------
Folks wondering what this 'Abkhazia' fight Rex mentions:
http://www.allworldwars.com/Battle%20fo ... 02008.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.navoine.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;</a
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Your brother's video is excellent.! Paratroopers & jumping are the same everywhere.

RS 9-76

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

Rex wrote:Trophies captured by my Detachment in western Georgia during Five-Day war in 2008:
on foto my friend Kostya

I think this is nothing to be proud of. The invasion of Georgia was ridiculous.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

K.Ingraham wrote:здравствуйте дусантник рех!

Thanks, I am very grateful for your words!
This looks like it might be your equivalent to this place; you recognize anyone here? http://desantura.ru/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)
Yes,You are right :D I misprinted the right name :oops:
------------------
Folks wondering what this 'Abkhazia' fight Rex mentions:
http://www.allworldwars.com/Battle%20fo ... 02008.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.navoine.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;</a
No all this foto and material is about South Ossetia--breakway region,a little mountanious rural about 40 miles north of the Tbilisi. Its population is nearly 60 000 people and has only symbolic value both for Russia and Georgia! There is place of birth of first Georgian tzar...No oil and gas!But extremly important place if you want to secure Nabucco!

My unit did not take battle in this theatre of conflict. In the western Georgia there is another semi-independent state Abkhazia. And Georgian government controlled highland of it--Kodori valley...It is very beatifull place with strategic importance: they are called "gates of Sukhumi" (Sukhumi is a capital of Abhazia)...
When fighting erupted in Ossetia and Georgians apply high pressure on our forces High Command decided to open "second front" thus forcing enemy to redirect some troops from Ossetia
However, VDV troops under command of Gen.Shamanov were so surpise and decisive that Georgians fled position without fighting leaving tons of amunition and weapon! Of course, Georgian Army was in disorder and morale was low, there were mass desertion and simply nobody give order to defend Kodori))
Our unit did clean-up peration -- defusing bombs and reconnaissance of remaining enemy forces in the valley.
I was there in june 2010-october 2010.

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

I think this is nothing to be proud of. The invasion of Georgia was ridiculous.[/quote]
Why shouldn`t I be proud of victory over American trained,American equipped Georgian regular soldiers, who before served in Iraq under American command and now are serving in Afganistan under American Command?

EVERY INVASION was,is and would be RIDICULOUS! Nevertheless,do you really believe in Pacifism?
I believe in Mutual assured destruction!

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

[quote="snafu]
I think this is nothing to be proud of. The invasion of Georgia was ridiculous.[/quote]

You're right, that was was ridiculous. Georgia thought that because some of their soldiers had been trained in platoon tactics by US Marines, their idiot president thought he could invade the Russian semi-autonimous province of Ossetia and win.
Trust me Snafu, the war as it was reported in the American press bore no relation whatsoever to what really went down.

RS 9-76

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Den - I know your wars. Abkhazia & Ossetia were two fronts in what amounted to the same war.
I posted those links because I figured some of my friends would be interested in your fighting.

Living in Kiev, you are close to the factories where many of the Georgian T-80s were built. Interesting times to live where you do. Beautiful women though :D

RS 9-76

Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

K.Ingraham wrote:[quote="snafu]
I think this is nothing to be proud of. The invasion of Georgia was ridiculous.
You're right, that was was ridiculous. Georgia thought that because some of their soldiers had been trained in platoon tactics by US Marines, their idiot president thought he could invade the Russian semi-autonimous province of Ossetia and win.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I would not be so categorical: mr.Saakashvili is not idiot. In fact, he is very smart person--in order to rule such country as Georgia you have to have brains :D
But he miscalculated equation: He sought that while Pr.Medvedev and Defence Minister Serdukov are in vacation far from Moscow, while Putin flied to Bejing at Olimpic to meet Bush swift and victorious action in Ossetia would be unstoppable.
But he did not assume that without action Medvedev would became political corpe in Russia! This is problem, espacially if you are going to be President for next 4 years (Medvedev was elected 2 month before war).
Secondary,Georgian forces tried to capture politically important capital of Ossetia, which in military term was fruitless :D
Thus, Georgians were dodged in street-to-street battle while Russian Army was build up its forces in non-occupied part of Ossetia (Java district).
And then...

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984
Rex
Tadpole

Post by Rex »

Living in Kiev, you are close to the factories where many of the Georgian T-80s were built. Interesting times to live where you do. Beautiful women though :D[/quote]

In fact Georgians used T-72 :D
Which were made in Kharkiv (second-largest Ukrainian city)At the plant were legendary T-34 was developed :D
N.B. My familly lives in Kharkiv.My shool`s windows are near in industrial part of city :D where this plant is placed in 1930s after Stalin`s personal order :D Stalin by the way is ethnic Georgian :D His native city, Gory, was starting point for georgian forces :D

WORLD IS REALLY TOO SMAL

Ronald Reagan
January 16, 1984

Return to “Introduction Archive”