Introduction-Brandon

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Brandon1388
Egg

Introduction-Brandon

Post by Brandon1388 »

Hello, Rangers and everyone else out there. I am currently a Future Soldier from Florida with a MOS of 11x with the Option 40. I have recently graduated from a college, where I played varsity lacrosse for all four years. My degree is in history, and senior research paper was about the 6th Ranger Battalion’s raid on the prison camp at Cabanatuan. In doing my research, I learned a lot, about Rangers, their history, and small amount of what it takes to be a Ranger. Having been a member of a sports team, I can relate to the closeness of the Ranger community, but I can only relate. This and the professionalism of the Rangers, is what helped me in choosing an Option 40 contract. There will be many struggles in becoming a Ranger but I am completely looking forward to the challenges.

I ship to BCT/OSUT in early April and hope I can watch some of the Best Ranger events. Thank you for letting me be part of the site.

-FS Brandon

RLTW!!
A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood. --George S. Patton
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Brandon

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Brandon1388.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
ArmyFIST03
US Army

Post by ArmyFIST03 »

Go to your recruiting station and ask them to give you a PT test and post your numbers... IF you are too lazy to do that just administer one yourself and post your results. And Welcome to the site and best of luck on your journey.
Sine Pari

101st Division STB 07 "Strength of the Eagle"
HHC 41st
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ArmyFIST03 wrote:Go to your recruiting station and ask them to give you a PT test and post your numbers... IF you are too lazy to do that just administer one yourself and post your results. And Welcome to the site and best of luck on your journey.
We appreciate your service and your help bud, but please remember you are a guest in our house. You have only been here for 3 days, watch your lane.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
ArmyFIST03
US Army

Post by ArmyFIST03 »

Roger
Sine Pari

101st Division STB 07 "Strength of the Eagle"
HHC 41st
Brandon1388
Egg

Post by Brandon1388 »

In response to questions: Rangers and Soldier ArmyFIST03,

With 4 months still before I leave for BCT I am at 14:42 two mile, 62 push ups, 69 sit ups, and 8 pull ups (without kicking). Thats 81, 85, 85 in my 22-26 age range. I feel like this is a solid start, with time remaining to train. Living in Florida also helps me being able to run outside during the winter months.

RLTW!
Brandon1388
Egg

Post by Brandon1388 »

ZoneIV wrote:
Brandon1388 wrote:I am at 14:42 two mile, 62 push ups, 69 sit ups, and 8 pull ups (without kicking). Thats 81, 85, 85 in my 22-26 age range. I feel like this is a solid start,
Well the "solid start" is knowing where you are at as a baseline. This is why we ask for PT scores of people. I am not sure if your actual scores are "solid". Who graded your form on the push-ups? Your recruiter? Self-graded? Even if your recruiter graded you, the proper form required by a Ranger grader at RASP may be far stricter unless your recruiter is a Recruiter who is also a Ranger with the background of Ranger goon175 who is a member of this site. Just giving you a little warning to perhaps not feel too secure with your PT stats.

Rander ZoneIV,
Yes this was done by my recruiter. I am fully tracking what you said, and understand. Thank you for the heads up and warnings.

Return to “Introduction Archive”