Mental Fatigue post workout

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
SeminoleRC
Egg

Mental Fatigue post workout

Post by SeminoleRC »

Greetings,

My battle and I have been doing some big workouts lately, but after some of our more intense days I can't help but feel very puffy in the face, hands, and overall that smoked feeling. Makes me feel the "runs" and quite lethargic. This is problematic due to classes closely following in the mornings. I hydrate well, but can't shake the mental fuzziness factor. Any ideas, foods, sleep changes? Ranger school requires extensive physical and mental focus with limited caloric intake and sleep. Hopefully yall have some coping methods?

Thanks!

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle"
"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle."
"Don't quit, Don't QUIT, DON'T QUIT!"
Edge
Ranger

Re: Mental Fatigue post workout

Post by Edge »

The thing that works for me is to simply eat and sleep more. You can do strenuous workouts all the time as long as your giving your body what it needs to recover. If I don't eat enough then my body doesn't feel just sore it feels like its breaking down and if I don't sleep enough I eventually just end up feeling constantly groggy and taking 3-4 hour naps during the day. I'll let the Rangers handle RS I don't know anything about that.
"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be here,80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they the battle make. Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR,and he will bring the others back."-Heraclitus 500 BC

Mentee to Ranger Invictus
B Co 3/75

Return to “About Army Physical Training”