SITEREP-Zac

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITEREP-Zac

Post by Jim »

The Regimental recruiting folks have been aggressively working at keeping the units filled. That said, if you can get the 40 option, jump on it. If not, work your ass off to earn a place when you get to OSUT.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I know this is a huge decision for you, and you are trying to make sure that you are doing things right. That being said, WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK KNOWS THE RIGHT ANSWER, your buddy in 1/75 or the Regimental Recruiting Team who are all VERY experienced Rangers.

If you had done research you would know that the number of option 40 contracts available do not always directly corolate to what the Regiment needs. USAREC and the Dept. of the Army give out option 40 contracts as an INCENTIVE to join. Think of it like the availability of a sign on bonus. I am not saying your buddy is lying, he's absolutely right that batt. needs guys. That falls on the Regimental recruiting team, not on what usarec uses as an incentive to get you to sign that dotted line. It's up to you on what to do, but if I were your recruiter I would advise you to take that 11x opt. 4 contract, as they have a Ranger liason at airborne school specifically for getting guys that want to go to RASP and are qualified.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

You mean: Ranger goon175

Give Ranger goon175
50 push ups
&
50 sit ups before you post again.

Do not post an apology.

dfxc2012 wrote:goon175, Thank you for the excellent information, I went back and emailed the Regimental Recruiting Team and they advised me to do exactly that. This was part of their response "If you are unable to get an Option 40, then you need to get an Option 4 Unassigned Airborne Contract. With the Option 4 we will be able to volunteer you for the Ranger Regiment while you are in Airborne School"
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”