BratAttack sends SITREP iRANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

BratAttack sends SITREP iRANGER)

Post by Earthpig »

I received this letter from BratAttack late last week (just got around to posting it):

Dear Ranger EarthPig,

Hello again! I am now starting week 5. Thurday, we started shooting. We grouped Thursday and zeroed Friday and Saturday. The M16 is a fun weapon to shoot! I got pretty lucky, as the 1SG let a couple of us load up 6 rounds, instead of 3 rounds to zero.

Things here are going faster and faster as the weeks progress. It's no longer at the slow, snail-like speed that it started at.

This Friday and maybe Thursday, we qualify with the M16's. Tomorrow (Monday), we start known distance targets, moving on to transitional targets as the week moves on.

I'm loving every minute of being here in OSUT. It's an enjoyable, eventful time.

I have been doing extra PT at night with a buddy to prepare for RIP. Two soldiers, that were in this platoon last cycle, came and talked to a couple people about RIP, as they just graduated with the August class. They told us to prepare for no sleep and flutterkicks. So, I've been doing 15 minute flutterkick workouts on top of my regular workouts.

My running won't be hurt any by not being able to run at night, but we are allowed to run the stairwell to our barracks. We have a PT test coming up Saturday. My last one, I scored a 231. Very poor for my standards. It was a good experience, however.

The platoon fucked something up. I think someone didn't lock their wall locker, so our Drill Sgt. woke us up at 2300 and smoked us in our kevlar, LBE, and weapon. We had to switch off with pulling security every hour with our Battle Buddy. I enjoyed that because it gave me more mental strength to stay awake.

I take everything, each detail, very serious, unlike some of the dumbshits that are in the other platoons. We have 2-3 people that are fuck-ups, but they are slowly getting their shit together and adapting to Army lifestyle.

Well, I wanted to inform you of my progress. I will write again after the 6 mile road march next week. Take care, and if you could, let me know which unit Hopps or Hemorrhage are in. That would be cool, so I could meet uo with them at the PX on a pass. Take it easy. Rangers lead the way!!!

BratAttack
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

I love these letters. I truly do. You can hear the MAN coming out in every letter.

RLTW
Bell
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Yes, the MAN is quickly coming out in him. Does an old heart good to hear from these guys.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Clear, concise SITREP. Thanks for posting EP.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Glad to hear someone doing PT at night. I'm sure it wasn't from them listening to me... Good shit just the same.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Letters from School”