Introduction - Kyle

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Cowboy7
Egg

Introduction - Kyle

Post by Cowboy7 »

Rangers,

First and foremost i'd like to say I respect all of you down to the core and can't wait to join up and do my share.

PT Results- PU- 72 /2min
SU- 70 /2min
2mile run- 13:50
Side note- 5 mile run- 39:20

My name is Kyle, I'm 21 years old, grew up playing baseball/football and while in highschool played waterpolo (Hard transition). I have about a year and a half left of college which I'm considering postponing for the time being due to the fact I want to go off to BCT already. While I havent signed my contract yet im shooting for the 11x option 40 for when I do. Ive been in contact with my recruiter for some time now, taken the practice asvab, starting training seriously, and basically revolved my whole life around the military. Please note that I do NOT want to join the military for the pay or benefits, but for the specialized training and experience I can obtain. The only thing holding me back from not putting my name down in ink are the narrow-minded parentals who are against seeing their child go off (Havent broken the news to them yet). As each day passes the urge and want to enlist grows as ive been researching everything about the military (More so Rangers now) for the past year or so. There is no doubt in my mind that the Rangers is for me as I have always wanted to be in the fight, but in a way where I can utilize my skills tactically and have other independent thinkers on the battlefield with me. I am aware that the PT results are average but I'm not too worried about achieving Ranger standards just yet, as ill have plenty of time to get more fit. So with all that being said, any insight on how to deal with my current situation would be extremely helpful along with any new PT workouts. While I do think my parents are foolish, I do care about the well being of keeping the family intact and happy, but by no means at the cost of my future, as it is only a matter of time before im off. Thanks for taking the time to read this Rangers.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Kyle

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome.

Since you are more than halfway there to graduating it sounds like a better idea to complete your studies & get the degree. My reasoning is that Rangers don't quit - Once you start quitting it becomes easier to keep quitting. You have to be both smart and a p.t. stud. P.T. standards are very important - do average p.t. & you go worldwide to the needs of the army.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Cowboy7
Egg

Post by Cowboy7 »

Ranger steadfast, ranger ZoneIV

Both of the things you guys have said make a lot of sense as much as it kills me to admit it. Between my job and scholarship money I help chip in for the tuition etc but the majority comes from my parents so yes you are right about that. I will finish the remainder of school even though it's going to suck immensely. It's more the disrespectful selfish people that come with it that disgust me more than anything. As for the foolish and narrow-minded statements I could of reworded that differently although I know for a fact my parents and I will never see eye to eye on my military career. Thank you both for your input and even though I'll be waiting longer to join your ranks I just will look at it as extra time for Intense PT. Thanks again guys
Cowboy7
Egg

Post by Cowboy7 »

Roger that Ranger ZoneIV
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Kyle, as you get older, you might discover that your parents may get smarter.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Introduction - Kyle

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Jim wrote:Kyle, as you get older, you might discover that your parents may get smarter.
X2! I am now still young (30) and it seems daily that I find myself thinking back to a conversation I had with my dad. Be sure you are man enough when you finally realize that they were right to let them know!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
Chuck_Finley
Ranger

Post by Chuck_Finley »

RMP-RLTW wrote:
Jim wrote:Kyle, as you get older, you might discover that your parents may get smarter.
X2! I am now still young (30) and it seems daily that I find myself thinking back to a conversation I had with my dad. Be sure you are man enough when you finally realize that they were right to let them know!
Isn't that the truth!
B 3/75 90-92
Cowboy7
Egg

Post by Cowboy7 »

Rangers,

Lol I will be sure to let them know, looking back on the first post it makes me seem as if im a 16 year old posting rather than a 21 year old adult. Hell, if it wasnt for them I wouldnt be the person I am today. Ill be sure to push some out for being a damn fool. As for other news
Updated PT
PU- 80
SU- 74
2Mile- 13:40

Baby steps, but forward progress nonetheless. Downloaded a six week running program from Stew Smith, hopefully that helps.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

this stew smith guy keeps poppling up on here....
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Introduction Archive”