is it possible for me to become a ranger?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Marvin54
Egg

is it possible for me to become a ranger?

Post by Marvin54 »

I have been talking to my recruiter for the last couple months and i have a slot open for me for infantry, airborne but i want to wait until there is a slot open for ranger school. What iam worried about is that about 3 years ago i was on vaction with some friends and long story short got arrested, i wont go into detail as to what happend but in the end i was found guilty of theft under $100 . The whole story is pretty redicoulous but regardless i messed up and now i have to deal with what happend. I have never been in trouble my whole life with law enforcement and by no means am i bad kid and had a flawless record until the point of getting arrested. My recruter tells me that it is bascically impossible for me to become a ranger now because of what happend. I just wanted to hear from actuall rangers and people that have gone through the process if this is true or if i can still have a chance of getting the ranger contract...
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: is it possible for me to become a ranger?

Post by Jim »

We have a rule on this site that your first posting is an introduction. Until you post an introduction, your thread is locked.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Recruitment Process”