Airborne School

Ground Week, Tower Week, Jump Week.
Alden

Airborne School

Post by Alden »

Could anyone please tell me what all the training involves are please give me a link to a place that breaks it down?

Thanks,
Alden

(P.S. Nice new boards :D )
Twiggy

Post by Twiggy »

You can find the airborne school website through www.army.mil. Click on installations, then forts, then Ft. Benning. The airborne school info is on that site.
Spartan

Re: Airborne School

Post by Spartan »

Alden wrote:Could anyone please tell me what all the training involves are please give me a link to a place that breaks it down?
Alden:

Airborne School is a 3 week course consisting of Ground Week, Tower Week and Jump Week. The first two weeks focus on the smaller skills/procedures that are used in combination to conclude an Airborne Operation. Broken down, these are roughly: what you do while in the aircraft, while exiting the aircraft, while descending and upon contact with the ground. All the procedures are taught so that you and all those around you will have a safe jump. The third week you complete 5 jumps and graduate.

The PT is a piece of cake and if you can't do it, you shouldn't be in the Army, let alone be allowed to earn jump wings. The real training begins at the unit level.

An excellent resource, although just a bit dated, is a book called 'Airborne', by Tom Clancy. In it, he goes through the whole school, the history of the Airborne, etc...
Alden

Post by Alden »

thanks for the help guys
Glock

Post by Glock »

I was told that during Airborne school you need to PT on your own also. Because during Airborne you will loose some of the fitness you recieved during basic.
jrotc_cadet

Why do ranger get a big advance on pay and sf dont get much!

Post by jrotc_cadet »

It should be people wanting to join the military to be part of the greatest army in the WORLD! RANGER is hardcore. Im a MS-1 in JROTC program here in north carolina please give me info. on elite forces especially sf and ranger.. thanks to all who served.. im gonna when i turn 18 just 2 more years! 8)
jrotc_cadet

PT rules!

Post by jrotc_cadet »

PT should be done by yourself anyways im in jrotc we do pt every week we should do it more. im on the rotc rifle team i wanna be a ranger sniper!
Spartan

PT at Airborne School

Post by Spartan »

Glock wrote:I was told that during Airborne school you need to PT on your own also. Because during Airborne you will loose some of the fitness you recieved during basic.
You'll be a bit tired each day after Airborne School, but the main thing is you'll be bored because the portion of Ft. Benning where Airborne School is located does not contain many activities to keep you busy. The training is conducted only during the daytime.

After that, you'll have something you have not been used to having for quite some time during the previous 4-6 months (depending on the MOS each person has selected), and that is spare time. So, a very good thing to do, is run laps around the track that is across the street from the Airborne Companies, that goes around the jump towers. And of course, situps, flutterkicks and pushups.

Some time ago, there was such a thing as "the gig pit", which is where you and many others could get some extra PT done every morning. The 'gig pit' was designed to provide some motivation for those who were not squared away at each morning's inspection, to be squared away the next day. This featured fast paced forced PT in a sawdust PT. When I was there, all of us heading to Bn and a few Seals and Recon guys would intentionally fail the AM inspection. If we passed, we usually blurted out something stupid just so we would be sent, after the Black Hat had passed us. We looked at it as an additional training op and not as punishment.

Calling exercise cadence of "One, Two, Three - ZERO!" as those wimpy souls who would barely make it through airborne school complained that it was making us get smoked more. "Too bad - QUIT!"

But seriously, you need to do massive PT, otherwise you enter RIP while the good physical condition you created to prepare yourself degrades. The PT in Airborne School, while challenging to many, is NOT challenging for most of those motivated individuals coming from and/or going to elite units.
jrotc_cadet

PT IS WHAT KEEPS AMERICA THE BEST!

Post by jrotc_cadet »

without pt the soldiers would be some round , fat beer-bellied guys afriad to fight. Now instead, their big buff warriors ready to answer the call to arms. I strongly adgree with all of President Bush's ideas especially about the war on terror they shouldnt however, be some critical when attacking the enemy thats why when clinton was in they knew where bin laden was and clinton hesitated and that minute or so gave bin laden enough time to get away.
anyways god bless the soldiers over seas and those who will be going soon,
kenny :arrow: THANKS FOR SERVING
ps is their a hell week in airborne like there is in buds which is the seal school?
Spartan

Re: PT IS WHAT KEEPS AMERICA THE BEST!

Post by Spartan »

jrotc_cadet wrote:is their a hell week in airborne like there is in buds which is the seal school?
NO, recommend you get a book on Airborne School, such as Tom Clancy's Airborne.
jrotc_cadet

ok sure

Post by jrotc_cadet »

yes sir! i shall get that book then is it old or recent?
thanks for your help.
kenny
wannuhbe

Post by wannuhbe »

Glock

Ranger pneves

Post by Glock »

Ranger pneves, I've read about the gig pit on another forum some time back, so it might still be thier. I'm not sure if they do an evaluation about each soldier after airborne. But, if I fail the AM inspection to get to the gig pit, will it count against me in my eval? Even if it did count against me, it would probably be worth the extra PT.
jrotc_cadet

thought id drop in and say hey!

Post by jrotc_cadet »

g2g hey! thanks all the rangers for serving
jrotc_cadet

That "Ranger's in Korea" is cool1

Post by jrotc_cadet »

ive read about 35 pages so far it is awesome ... its really detailed and i like it alot. anyways bout to go skating soon. good luck to all the srvice men and women deployed in the war and who are serving. thanks
military ball january, 25th cant wait...

Return to “About Airborne School”