MEPs background checks

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

MEPs background checks

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

Rangers, I'm getting 11X Opt.40 on my contract and I wanna know if they do a complete background check(health, criminal, etc) at MEPS for enlisting into the Regiment.
Last edited by S0LiD SN4KE on August 10th, 2011, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Re: MEPs background checks

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

Health problems, yeah, I have asthma but I'm close to outgrowing it.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Asthma is an automatic disqualifier. Consider plan B.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

I know and I'm not gonna quit, if that's what you mean by plan B. This is something I really wanna do. But will they check at MEPS?
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Integrity is something they test for in all of the elite selection processes, if you are given to cheating or taking short cuts, you will be outed. This is your first test.

By 'plan B' I mean consider a career where hiding the potential of your sudden onset of difficult breathing will not threaten the lives of your comrades.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

I wouldn't think about cheating in the selection, If I got caught i'd feel dumb. I'd just do what they tell me. But at MEPs would they check my records for asthma?
Worldweaver
Ranger

Post by Worldweaver »

Your question was answered!! I understand that you don't like the answer but that's life. If you are trying to hide a condition that you know disqualifies you, then that is the same as lying and it puts others at risk.
Go Tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.
--Simonides

Bco. 1/75 2006-2010
RS 06-08
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

I was looking for more of a(n) yes or no type of answer...but thanks anyways.I gotta work harder to outgrow it.
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

MEPs background checks

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Bases on your flippant attitude and complete disrespect for the RANGERS on this site I am guessing you would not make it long at Battalion anyway.
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Go ahead and lie at MEPS that way you can get sent home before you even get to basic training for having an asthma attack. And when that happens come back and post on this topic so that we can all laugh at you.
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

For some reason, this seemed to be appropriate.
French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.
--Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
S0LiD SN4KE
Tadpole

Post by S0LiD SN4KE »

ZoneIV wrote: Are you using an inhaler?
No I don't need one. I'm able to do phyiscal stuff with no problems with breathing. In fact when I was younger I used an inhaler and i ran for boxing, that actually was harder on my lungs.
RMP-RLTW wrote:Bases on your flippant attitude and complete disrespect for the RANGERS on this site I am guessing you would not make it long at Battalion anyway.
I'm being disrespectful?I was asking a yes or no question.
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

MEPs background checks

Post by RMP-RLTW »

You speak/type as if we were your guest on this site. You answer questions like you are talking to your friends. I for one am not your friend and I am sure that the other people on the site would appreciate it if you would address them properly as Ranger before replying.

I have read your posts and it seems like you have nothing but ailments to keep you from your "dream". You are seriously worried about diarrhea? Are you fucking kidding me?!?! Suck it the fuck up!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus

Return to “Recruitment Process”