Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Peezy
USMC Vet / US Army

Introduction

Post by Peezy »

Good morning Rangers,

I'm currently in the active army, serving at Hunter Army Airfield in Georgia. I'm a former Marine (04-08), and recently joined the army (09) to test my limits and join the Rangers. I realize most "Jarheads" are cocky about the training and experiences they have been through, but I already know, RASP and all the other classes/schools I will have to attend are going to kick my little ass.

I found this website while I was looking for information on the Rangers program, training, and stories. I figured this is probably the best place to ask all my questions and get true, straight to the point answers. Being a former Marine, I live by the code of Honor, Courage, and Commitment. I will never quit, and I will always give 150% at everything I am tasked with.

I do believe with all my heart, mind, body, and soul, that I will join one of the most elite military family in the world. So I know this was really long, so I will smoke myself and do 50 push-ups, and 100 leg-lifts just for making you all read this post.

I hope I get to see someone from HAAF around here, because I need a good training partner to get me ready for the challenges ahead.

Thank you for reading this ridiculously long post, Rangers. I look forward to communicating with everyone on here.

Peezy(92A)
Rockin Ranger
Inprocessing

Re: Introduction

Post by Rockin Ranger »

Welcome here, USMC. I spent some of the best time in my life there at Hunter, you could not be in a better place to achieve your mission. Try (through proper channels if possible?! :P ) to get hooked up with access to the Ranger Gym and find a few guys to mentor you through the process. In the mean time you may want to get yourself a copy of the Ranger Handbook and read it at least 75 times.

Best of luck, never quit and go ride a few waves for us a Tybee Island this weekend.

Sua Sponte, Brother.
Rockin Ranger

3rd Plt, A Co. 1/75th INF - 85-87 RTO/Rifleman/M-203 Gnr

For Those About to Rock, We Salute You!!
Mingo Kane
Ranger

Post by Mingo Kane »

Rockin Ranger wrote:Welcome here, USMC. I spent some of the best time in my life there at Hunter, you could not be in a better place to achieve your mission. Try (through proper channels if possible?! :P ) to get hooked up with access to the Ranger Gym and find a few guys to mentor you through the process. In the mean time you may want to get yourself a copy of the Ranger Handbook and read it at least 75 times.

Best of luck, never quit and go ride a few waves for us a Tybee Island this weekend.

Sua Sponte, Brother.

That's a yepper...X2
B Co. 1st/75th 1983-86
Mentor to JTEL1
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Marine.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Warchief
Ranger

Post by Warchief »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com Gyrene and Thank You for your service.
Ranger Class 10-82
ODAs 236, 233, 232/065, 10th SFGA
ODAs 545, 565, 5th SFGA
Peezy
USMC Vet / US Army

Post by Peezy »

Thank you for the warm welcome Rangers.

@Rockin Ranger, I will deffinately try and find a connection to the Ranger gym. When I was deployed to afghanistan last year, I spent a good 8 months on tower/gate guard for the Rangers complex. Met CSM Merrick, and a bunch of other Rangers, SF, SEALS while there. It was very interesting picking their brains for information, tactics, and other stuff. Im deffinately going to be taking my wife to Tybee this weekend. I need to swim more. Question though Ranger; when were you at hunter and how long were you stationed here?

@Mingo Kane, I shall swim a couple hours just for you, Ranger.

@CharlieRanger, Thank you for the welcome Ranger.

@Warchief, Thank you for the welcome
Rockin Ranger
Inprocessing

Post by Rockin Ranger »

Question though Ranger; when were you at hunter and how long were you stationed here?

I was at 1st Battalion/HAAF from Oct 85 to the beginning of 87, then I stayed living in Savannah while I was at Ft. Stupid until 89. Great little city.
Now go get your Ranger Handbook and read it while elevating you feet. :D

Rock on, Marine
Rockin Ranger

3rd Plt, A Co. 1/75th INF - 85-87 RTO/Rifleman/M-203 Gnr

For Those About to Rock, We Salute You!!

Return to “Introduction Archive”