graduation, promotion SITREP

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

SRR2R
Tadpole

Post by SRR2R »

Rangers and Board Members,

It's been many moons since I've posted. This past weekend, I "walked" in my medical school's graduation, and was also promoted from 2LT to CPT the preceding evening. Pending the release of my latest national board exam, and subsequent passing score, I will be moving to TX next month to begin my intern year. While many of the board members here have endured much more adversary than I have; I can say that, for me, medical school was an absolute pain in the ass. But aside from gaining hypertension, weight gain, gray hair, and enough resentments to choke a horse; I have gained many friends and positive memories. Most importantly, I have negotiated one obstacle and move forward towards my next goal.

Last fall, I completed a 4wk rotation at WBAMC as well as a 6wk rotation at Tripler Army Medical Center. As I received a direct commission, and have not yet attended OBLC, I was "that 2LT" that was more or less clueless. I'm sure everyone here knows exactly what I'm talking about. Because of the wisdom on this board, I had enough sense to do my best to generally STFU and find an NCO to discreetly ask when I did not know. I shaved, bloused my pants no lower than the 2nd eyelet, and poured over my dress uniform with prior enlisted to un-fuck myself as best I could. The nursing and ancillary staff at both hospitals were absolutely outstanding compared to the civilian world. Instead of having lazy, morbidly obese nurses sneer at me for being "just a medical student" that was interrupting their gossip or mid-afternoon snack :roll: , I had nurses and aides telling me to stay put while they got supplies for me, and giving enough of a fuck to find answers for my questions if they did not know them. To have senior enlisted patients, certified BTDT, answer my questions in a clinical setting with "sir" this and "sir" that was humbling, to say the very least, and a testament to the training and professionalism of the military.

Because I know that everyone is absolutely dying to see pictures :roll: , I've included pictures from my promotion ceremony below. I'm the homo-looking one with the thick frame glasses. I'd like to emphasize I ordered those glasses before that idiot Chris Brown and all the other celebrity morons started wearing them. My new rank was "pinned" by the Dean of our school, as well as former KY governor Paul Patton. My peer in uniform is my dirtbag friend from New Jersey who also graduated and was promoted.

I posted this in what I remembered to be the most appropriate forum. If I screwed up, please do let me know.

Respectfully

EDITED for PERSEC
"Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier..." - Samuel Johnson

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force.
-Matthew 11:12
Chuck_Finley
Ranger

Re: graduation, promotion SITREP

Post by Chuck_Finley »

SRR2R wrote:I'm the homo-looking one.......
Well you got that part right at least!!!! :lol:

Just kidding, congratulations.
B 3/75 90-92
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Congratulations Sir!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Congratulations Sir! The glasses are refered to as "Birth Control" glasses because between them and the high hairline....you ain't never getting laid! :lol:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Mingo Kane
Ranger

Post by Mingo Kane »

Chuck_Finley wrote:
SRR2R wrote:I'm the homo-looking one.......
Well you got that part right at least!!!! :lol:

Just kidding, congratulations.

Sorry, but I had to laugh at that one...But as mentioned, Congrats Sir, well deserved!

Mingo
B Co. 1st/75th 1983-86
Mentor to JTEL1
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Well done Sir!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Congrats now get out there and check some prostates
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Well done Sir!
Nice to put a face to the callsign as well.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Baseplate wrote:Congrats now get out there and check some prostates
Not really, and if you go flight surgeon, when pilots ask to see your hands, it's a self preservation step, not necessarily an intreats in you. Don't take it personal.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “The Mosh Pit”