Reintroduction, and Update

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Kaius 89
Embryo

Post by Kaius 89 »

Rangers,

I have not posted here in at least a few years, as I have been finishing up college and will graduate with my Bachelors Degree in November.

I had been talking with Recruiters in Boston, where I live, trying to secure an Option 40 with a ship date after November into the next calendar year. They told me that this was 99.9% not going to happen. I went back to school in Upstate, NY feeling a bit discouraged and planning on finishing school and then looking back into the Army.

However, seeing numerous posts from DEPs on this site saying they have secured Option 40s into the next fiscal year motivated me to go talk to the recruiters here in Schenectady, NY where I go to school. They have been much more helpful and seemingly knowledgeable than the recruiters in Boston, and they have told me that if I can prove, with help from the school registrar, that I am signed up for classes until the Fall, then they can look into November and beyond for Option 40 slots. I scored a 97 on the ASVAB, and they said that should help too.

Within the next few weeks I hopefully will be able to get down to MEPS and secure a contract. If not, I will keep pushing until I do and use the time I have over the next few months to physically and mentally prepare myself for the Army.

This site has been a great source of information and motivation, unlike anything else out there on the Internet. Thank you all.
JPHawk

Post by JPHawk »

PM sent.

Return to “Recruitment Process”