What will we do at reception battalion?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Cdoc93
Embryo

Post by Cdoc93 »

Good afternoon Rangers,
I figured this would be the best place for this question. I was just wondering what we do once we get to reception? I know its a lot of hurry up and wait and well be issued our gear and stuff, I also know we have to fill out paperwork but what is it we fill out? Do we have to redo our medical history and law stuff like we did at MEPs the first time or what? Also, do we fill out our SF-86 for our clearance there? I know you have to qualify for at least a Secret to be a Ranger is what ive always read, but I dont think I've filled out that form yet and I dont think well have time during basic lol. One more thing I was wondering was if there was any off time to maybe do some running and stuff. Thanks!
"It's not over till it's over."
Never quit!
"Get your mind straight... hundreds and thousands of reasons to quit... your goal is the ONE reason not to quit."
Ship date: 20110531
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Re: What will we do at reception battalion?

Post by Sleepy Doc »

There will be lots of time for barbecues and things like volleyball, softball games, picnics, etc. My personal favorite were that nature hikes and boating trips. You'll probabally take a field trip or two if you are lucky to the local art museum. (although this didn't interst me very much. You see one french impressionist, you've seen them all..) Running? Who has time for that with the poker tournament going on?..

Bro, SERIOUSLY!!!???... :roll:
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Cdoc93
Embryo

Post by Cdoc93 »

Haha I'm sorry Rangers! I dont know what goes on as far as all that reception crap. I know what to expect at Osut, airborne school, RASP, etc. but as far as the paper work BS and Reception, all I know is i fill out some stuff, get my shots, get assigned the basic equipement needed at basics and roll out....... although I have not seen a French impressionist so I am pretty excited about that one haha XD
Never quit!
"Get your mind straight... hundreds and thousands of reasons to quit... your goal is the ONE reason not to quit."
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Cdoc93 wrote:Haha I'm sorry Rangers! I dont know what goes on as far as all that reception crap. I know what to expect at Osut, airborne school, RASP, etc. but as far as the paper work BS and Reception, all I know is i fill out some stuff, get my shots, get assigned the basic equipement needed at basics and roll out....... although I have not seen a French impressionist so I am pretty excited about that one haha XD

Do you now? :roll:

Dude, just go there ready to do whatever the fuck you are told, when told, exactly how you're told while keeping a low profile. The last thing you want is the people there (who you will train with) to infect you with the shitbag virus, or the reception cade to tell the DS picking you up that you like the spotlight. 14 weeks of living in the spotlight is not good, dick. Look at Lindsey Lohan.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Cdoc93
Embryo

Post by Cdoc93 »

I understand. I do want to correct myself though lol, when I said I know what to expect at osut airborne and rasp I meant I think I know what to expect. I definitely dont want the spotlight thats for damn sure. I just want to get through it and get that Tan beret and Scroll.
Never quit!
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Cdoc93 wrote:I understand. I do want to correct myself though lol, when I said I know what to expect at osut airborne and rasp I meant I think I know what to expect. I definitely dont want the spotlight thats for damn sure. I just want to get through it and get that Tan beret and Scroll.
You're perpetually stepping on it. Two eyes, two ears, one mouth. Figure out what that means and you're half way there.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “Recruitment Process”