Intro-Coleton

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Cdoc93
Embryo

Intro-Coleton

Post by Cdoc93 »

Hello Rangers,
My name is Coleton and I am currently in the DEP and have been for about 12 months now. Im a senior this year, set to ship May 31st. Im 17 years old, turning 18 tomorrow and I currently live in a small town in Arkansas. Anyway, being in the military is all I have ever wanted to do. Growing up there was nothing more I wanted to do than be a SEAL, however this changed once I moved here to AR. There werent any Navy recruiters in my town, just the Army and Marines. I talked to the Marines first and was actually going to sign up with them but he wasn't there that day (this was the day I turned 17). As I was walking out the door, the Army recruiter was outside and invited me in, and that is how it all started. I went home and did more research, i've always been a military kid, as I stated earlier, and I always knew the Rangers were bad MFers but I never realized just how much I guess. I did more research on them and was hooked. This is exactly what I wanted to do. My parents of course wanted me to be sure, and I was, so a few days later they took me to the recruiter and signed me over to Uncle Sam. I went down to MEPs, got my physical done and headed home. I didnt swear in that day, and when I got back I looked at the list of MOSs that my recruiter had on the computer. Low and behold everything I wanted was right there in front of me: the option 40 11x Airborne/Ranger contract. Needless to say I jumped all over that and swore in a few days later as a 14 month DEPer.

But anyway enough about how I got here, now on to why I'm here. Just like most every other Future Soldier, I'm here because this webite is the best way to get info on the Ranger way of life, the requirements both physically and mentally, first hand experience, etc. It's a way to connect with people who actually lived it and know what they're talking about instead of spewin crap like many other places on the internet. There is no better way to get access to this invaluable knowledge unless one becomes a Ranger themself, and thats what I'm planning to do. I have everything lined up just right and I'm not gonna blow this chance.

I did a PT test Saturday, the new APRT instead of the older APFT. The reason we did this is because its been changed by the higher ups and should be implemented in October (at least thats what my recruiter heard)

Push-ups (1 min)- 41
Rowers (1 min)- 36
60 yd shuttle sprint- 18.3 Sec.
Long jump- 8 ft. 3 in.
1.5 mile run- 15:20

I know these aren't the best scores. I've been pretty sick lately, but hey I pushed it out as best I could that day.

I just want to thank all you Rangers for the time and dedication you've put into this site and into this country. It takes special kinds of people to accomplish what you all have, much respect. Sorry about the long read.

Thanks Rangers.
"It's not over till it's over."
Never quit!
"Get your mind straight... hundreds and thousands of reasons to quit... your goal is the ONE reason not to quit."
Ship date: 20110531
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro-Coleton

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulation on signing an OPT 40.

Good intro but I see you need to step up on your P.T.
Head on over to Army Physical fitness forum and read, read & read some more. Select a DEP avatar.

I've sent you a PM.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Cdoc93
Embryo

Post by Cdoc93 »

Thank you Ranger Steadfast, read the PM and about to start reading up on the Fitness forum.
Never quit!
"Get your mind straight... hundreds and thousands of reasons to quit... your goal is the ONE reason not to quit."
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome. Time is ticking so be diligent in your PT. Get your mind straight... hundreds and thousands of reasons to quit... your goal is the ONE reason not to quit.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Cdoc93
Embryo

Post by Cdoc93 »

Hooah Ranger McD, thats very true. Ill definitely take that to heart. This is what I want more than anything, just have to keep on pushing.
Never quit!

Return to “Introduction Archive”